Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My friend... Blue Skies Dave Cornell

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    In 2010 in the middle of chasing Gremlins Rod stated "I really look forward to this becoming turn-key operation"
    Dave's immediate response was "That'll only happen when you turn the keys over to the new owner"
    No question, a one of a kind gift to the world guy! I don't know if I've ever been around anyone who you could just sit and listen to what he had to say for hours, yet he would listen to and respond to every thing you had to say..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have been trying to think of a way to best describe him.

"Relentless pursuit of perfection" was one of the first that came to mind.
      However that is usually accompanied with a high level of narcissism and Dave had none of that.

He had a mind like a sponge and rather than just regurgitating what he was told he had the mental acuity to understand, improve and apply his knowledge.

Everything he did was as good as it could be done then on to the next challenge.

A prime example was when I had the privilege of visiting him a few years ago and we were out in his shop I noticed a strange assembly on his wall. When asked I was told that the hum of his refrigerator annoyed him so he remotely mounted the pump/motor. Not a "Yay me" moment just another quiet moment of something done right.

I always joked that when he and Pete were theory crafting and I had to leave the room the average IQ went up by 60 points...….

Comment

At Reno, I asked him a technical question about something I have long forgotten. We went into the trailer so he could consult his 3 ring binder full of notes and cheat sheats and such. I told him that I would love to get a copy of that binder. He replied, "Mine won't do you a damn bit of good. You have to create your own."
        How true that statement was...no shortcuts.
        TJ

Comment

Does anyone have a list of all the airplanes he was crew chief on?
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Does anyone have a list of all the airplanes he was crew chief on?
            He was involved in mods on a lot more planes than just the ones he held the title of "Crew Chief" on, as I understand it. Rare Bear is the only one that I know of that he was Crew Chief on, but I did not meet Dave until 2009.

Other people on here know a lot more of his history, hope they will help tell the story.

Comment

Working...
            X