Season tickets and camping due dates –

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season tickets and camping due dates –

When I first started buying season tickets and RARA camping sites back in the 80’s, the money was due in May. Then the date moved to April for a few years. March for a few years, and lately it’s been mid-February. This weekend I received the 2019 forms and guess what. Camping money is due on the 21st of December (two weeks notice). The reserved seat and box seats are due on the 31st of December.

I haven’t missed an Air Race since 1984 and I won’t this year. But dang, a two week notice is a little short. The races are a big chunk of my yearly entertainment budget, two weeks notice, especially right before Christmas, puts a cramp in the old budget.

So just a heads up, open that RARA envelope and get the money to RARA.

Re: Season tickets and camping due dates –

So I just dropped my ticket order in the mail for 2019.

But if anyone from RARA is reading this, you should know that writing that check in the middle of Christmas shopping season has raised the ire of my wife. This is a risky thing to do, in terms of keeping her on board with the Air Races.

I understand that they want to open up the seats to general sales as soon as they can, but writing that check in April (when our expenses are low, and we're generally getting a tax refund) goes much easier in my household. We are going to renew our tickets each year, and I would be happy to confirm that at any time, but the date that the bill comes due matters.

-Wade

Comment

The person responsible for that decision.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gringe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	229240

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
        The person responsible for that decision.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24021[/ATTACH]
        RARA needs the money now.I think they need it now so they can put down deposits they booked for the "air show" part of the week.Surely it's not to fatten the purses of the racers.Some of the show acts are probably asking for their money up front in case RARA goes broke.

Comment

Working...
        X