Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC: TFR corridor Corning CA to the Paradise Fire TFR???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF TOPIC: TFR corridor Corning CA to the Paradise Fire TFR???

There's a large TFR over the Campfire Fire at Paradise CA. Yesterday they added a narrow corridor TFR from Corning CA over to the Campfire Fire TFR. I've never seen a narrow TFR like that, it's also coded "security" Anyone know what it is being used for?

Re: OFF TOPIC: TFR corridor Corning CA to the Paradise Fire TFR???

For fire fighting safety.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      There's a large TFR over the Campfire Fire at Paradise CA. Yesterday they added a narrow corridor TFR from Corning CA over to the Campfire Fire TFR. I've never seen a narrow TFR like that, it's also coded "security" Anyone know what it is being used for?
      They are flying a infra red capable drone out of Corning for mapping an planning purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        Yeah, that one's curious. It's not the fire TFR - the TFR over Corning airport is surface to 11,000' and the little strip connecting it to the fire TFR is only from 10,000' to 13,000'. Additionally, it's only active at night (11:00pm to 4:00am local). Guessing it's for some sort of unmanned aircraft for fire monitoring.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X