Thread: OFF TOPIC: TFR corridor Corning CA to the Paradise Fire TFR???

Default OFF TOPIC: TFR corridor Corning CA to the Paradise Fire TFR???

There's a large TFR over the Campfire at Paradise CA. Yesterday they added a narrow corridor TFR from Corning CA over to the Campfire TFR. I've never seen a narrow TFR like that, it's also coded "security" Anyone know what it is being used for?

Default Re: OFF TOPIC: TFR corridor Corning CA to the Paradise Fire TFR???

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    There's a large TFR over the Campfire at Paradise CA. Yesterday they added a narrow corridor TFR from Corning CA over to the Campfire TFR. I've never seen a narrow TFR like that, it's also coded "security" Anyone know what it is being used for?
    They are flying a infra red capable drone out of Corning for mapping an planning purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Yeah, that one's curious. It's not the fire TFR - the TFR over Corning airport is surface to 11,000' and the little strip connecting it to the fire TFR is only from 10,000' to 13,000'. Additionally, it's only active at night (11:00pm to 4:00am local). Guessing it's for some sort of unmanned aircraft for fire monitoring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.52.36 AM.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	23947