Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renegade

Default Re: Renegade

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    One thing to remember about all these pie in the sky 1000HP automotive boat anchor designs is that none of them have ever proven to make those power levels even for a few minutes. Not in cars, not in airplanes, not in boats.
    I make no beans that I'm probably the least knowledgeable airplane guy on this forum, but I do read a lot and the subject of auto-based hp potential is something of interest to me.

Steve Morris has been building engines for street legal hot rods for years, and he starts around 1,200 hp. One of his customers named Tom Bailey competes with a 3,500 hp Camaro that he drives X-country towing a trailer, prior to making multiple competitive runs without teardown.

You can read here about attempts to blow up a junkyard LS engine. The results are startling.

NASCAR runs 500 miles every weekend pushing 900 hp.

NHRA top fuel tops the 10k hp level. Admittedly, the TBO on those engines are less than 5 seconds, but a little interpolation would say that given all the above numbers it isn't hard to conceive of a 1,000 to 1,500 hp engine staying together long enough for 8 laps at Reno. I've been chatting with an aircraft designer with decades of auto aircraft installation experience and he has no qualms about reliably getting 1,000 hp from a LS based engine for his Sport Class design. He's far less confident in a PSRU that will turn it into thrust.
    Last edited by TarDevil; 11-06-2018 at 06:21 PM.

David Rose passed away early last year, so none of these projects will ever see the light of day again.
    I'm curious, why they won't ever see the light of day? I assume the estate owns them now, so why wouldn't they sell them, if not now, somewhere down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    I'm curious, why they won't ever see the light of day? I assume the estate owns them now, so why wouldn't they sell them, if not now, somewhere down the road.
    Liability, and I doubt anyone wants them.

Liability, and I doubt anyone wants them.
    Did Renegade ever fly?

Quote Originally Posted by richb View Post
    Did Renegade ever fly?
    No. As far as I know, the only Rose design that ever flew was his biplane.

David Rose was very interesting aviator and designer. I am sad for the loss of this brilliant fellow.

All too often it seems that a lifespan is too short to do new things that are ground braking in technology.

I am developing a wind turbine that is 50% more efficient than current HAWTs and simple to operate...and despite having already 2 working prototypes ( or proof of concept ) I still haven't made a nickle out of them. I am going to construct the third...which cures two problems, but the big one I solved already. It just seems that making it fully operational for masses is far far away.

Polish company possibly used the data from McDonnell Aircraft from the 70ies to make their 70% efficient turbine.

http://www.anew-institute.com/vertic...d-turbine.html

Here is the revolutional Giromill by McDonnell Aircraft; http://www.wind-works.org/cms/index.php?id=503
    Last edited by Gonzales_LOX; 11-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.

I know of a guy who's been working on a sort of "funnel" to direct sunlight to a solar cell for about a decade, he's convinced he's going to save the world and make billions. He obtained a patent and everything. He also said that he knows he's not gay because he got drunk and gave a guy a blow job at a party once but didn't like it.
    Last edited by knot4u; 11-13-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I know of a guy who's been working on a sort of "funnel" to direct sunlight to a solar cell for about a decade, he's convinced he's going to save the world and make billions. He obtained a patent and everything. He also said that he knows he's not gay because he got drunk and gave a guy a blow job at a party once but didn't like it.
    What the "directors" here claim is proof...I ought to measure the efficiency. Problem is that I know physics...a fast revolving system which produces electricity is no proof. I understand that too...real difficulty is to reach the right Reynolds region...which would make the turbine 5 times bigger as it is today...I have no place to store it nor time to build such a monster. Also the people in the HIGH PLACES have agreed upon that Finland is too small a country to develope any more windturbines ( most inventors like to put the fourth propeller into a 3 blade HAWT...some even have 40 ). Bigger system needs brake and foundations etc. It is very difficult to make with almost no funds.

I am very happy that my system does correct 3 main problems in the VAWT of cycloturbine lineage....namely stall, power at low rpm and the self starting. If the funding persons ( who make decisions ) knew what it means they might consider funding...but they rely on an official who told me you possibly cannot have solved that ...making the cycloturbine work. I think it was piece of cake..considering the problems I have already solved in much more advanced aerodynamical systems.
    Last edited by Gonzales_LOX; 11-13-2018 at 11:44 PM.