Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Flickr accounts will now be limited to 1000 pictures....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Flickr accounts will now be limited to 1000 pictures....

I inquired with Flickr about this and this was the reply.

Flickr Support <help@flickr.com>
    4:03 PM (6 minutes ago)
    to me

Hello Will,

Thank you for reaching out to Flickr Support. My name is XXXXX and I would be happy to help you with your inquiry today.

At the time of writing, I can see you've got a Flickr Free account. In early 2019, Flickr’s free accounts will no longer have a full TB of storage for photos and videos. Flickr’s free offering will only support 1000 photos or videos.

We do recognize that our Free members are essential to a vibrant, healthy Flickr and we're determined to provide a free tier that allows anyone to meaningfully participate in, and contribute to, the Flickr community.

That said, in 2013 when Yahoo introduced a free terabyte of photo storage, it attracted members who were drawn by the free storage, not by engagement with our community of photography lovers. This shifted our platform away from a focus on community interaction to an interest in advertisers’ priorities. Reducing the free storage offering ensures that we run Flickr on subscriptions, which guarantees that our focus is always on how to make your experience better. We want to build features and experiences that delight you, not advertisers; ensuring that our members are also our customers makes this possible.

Free members with more than (a combination of) 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to upgrade to Pro or download content over that limit. After January 8th, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5th, 2019, for free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos and/or videos, we will begin actively deleting content from your account starting from oldest to newest date uploaded to meet the new limit.

Flickr Pro accounts will now enjoy unlimited storage, ad-free browsing, and advanced stats, among the other benefits currently available to Flickr Pros.

I hope that I was thorough enough in my explanation, but if you'd like any further clarification I will be standing by. If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach back out. I am more than happy to continue working with you today.
    Best of luck,

This will obviously affect a HUGE number of threads on this site for me as well as many other members.
    I have tried to save my pics on the server here, but I always get an error and can't most of the time (it gives me an invalid URL error when I try, but posts fine otherwise, and it works with some pics, but not all.) I'll try to go back and save them here, but I don't know that I'll get them all. I would advise everyone else with a free Flickr account to do the same before the deadline listed above.

Pic to see if it would upload correctly.

Will

Click image for larger version

Name:	45611945691_f668373a4e_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	242266
Working...
X