• Show
Clear All

• RARE 1965 Reno Air Race Video!

Found in a facebook notification!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: RARE 1965 Reno Air Race Video!

Awesome find there young man.

I added that to my Youtube aviation playlist.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Great video Wayne! I saw my Dad in there between two shots of Darryl.
      John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
        There is some really good stuff on youtube!!! I'm going to start looking more and sharing here. Found the '79 edition of Wide World of Sports Reno coverage, we all know what happened there.. What those guys did then is just amazing! I know it took them months to get it ready for viewing, but it's amazing that the coverage exists!

Young Steve Hinton: ONE COOL CUSTOMER!

This was the first race that I bought a ticket and sat in the stands, I remember when Hoover said the "regret" radio call, a hush came over the crowd, everyone got really quiet and we all just vacated.. I remember feeling very guilty! Sure felt good when my nephew had to take a piss and heard that Steve had survived!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
          There is some really good stuff on youtube!!! I'm going to start looking more and sharing here. Found the '79 edition of Wide World of Sports Reno coverage, we all know what happened there.. What those guys did then is just amazing! I know it took them months to get it ready for viewing, but it's amazing that the coverage exists!

Young Steve Hingon: ONE COOL CUSTOMER!

This was the first race that I bought a ticket and sat in the stands, I remember when Hoover said the "regret" radio call, a hush came over the crowd, everyone got really quiet and we all just vacated.. I remember feeling very guilty! Sure felt good when my nephew had to take a piss and heard that Steve had survived!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That was awesome. Balloon race was cool.

All done with 16mm film.

Comment

Really cool video. I liked also the Focke Wulf Stieglitz in the beginning...it still had the Finnish AF colors on it. My godfathers daddy used to fly them along with Gloster Gamecocks and Gauntlets.

Comment

This is the video that Gary Williams sent me (along with ‘64 footage) that solved the 64-65 course mystery. It was all on that other forum. Sure wish that thread could be transferred over to this site. It was a good one.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                  This is the video that Gary Williams sent me (along with ‘64 footage) that solved the 64-65 course mystery. It was all on that other forum. Sure wish that thread could be transferred over to this site. It was a good one.
                  Couple of "other forum's" out there which one? Pylon1dotcom is now pylon1.org and still has most/all content.... Mark and I have worked together for years now in that we put p1 on this server
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Couple of "other forum's" out there which one? Pylon1dotcom is now pylon1.org and still has most/all content.... Mark and I have worked together for years now in that we put p1 on this server
                    No, the other one. I think it was Scotty’s. Warbirdaeropress?

Comment

No, the other one. I think it was Scotty’s. Warbirdaeropress?
                      Since I was banned from that site years ago, I am not aware of its current status... I did just try to go to the url and it was not there... was not aware that Scotty gave it up... IF that's the case it is very doubtful that that site and this site would ever unite as Pylon1 and AAFO have...
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ya, I pissed him off too. That was a really cool thread. Too bad.

Comment

Ya, I pissed him off too. That was a really cool thread. Too bad.
                          After all, it is all about our love for the sport and our efforts to promote it.. (website owners) Keeping up a website with a message board can be a really deflating experience at times, and at other times, you feel like you're on the top of the world because it is obvious, you are providing a service..

AAFO, PYLON1 WARBIRDAEROPRESS and any others that grew out of that desire to see the sport through financial tough times and help put a spotlight on it, each and every owner of these domains/websites, bottom line, that was the root of the website.. Get the info out, cover the story, promote the great sport of National Championship Air Racing!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

All of the above stated, it looks to me that WAP has a presence on …. FaceBook…..

(looks for anti-FB icon)….

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I always wondered what happened to Pylon1 as it was my second most visited racing site (after here of course) I was just re-reading one of the articles about Miss Merced and her history, and there is a pic of the F1 canopied Race 87 in formation with a stock Fury that is in spurious RN colors with 232 on the side... is that 232 the current 232??? ( i do not want to copy and paste the image)
                              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
                              X