I Miss Lyle Shelton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Miss Lyle Shelton!

I remember watching this lanky guy walk from the pits to the flightline.. and then watching his absolutely fearless assault on the Pylon Air Racing course at Reno...

On his way out to the airplane his motion was almost magical, he walked with a certain grace that I've never seen before or since. It wasn't like he was trying to be something special, it was like he bent time and his stride almost became slow motion..

That was a man who left an impression! http://aafo.com/racing/2001/sheltonxar/01.htmClick image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	242264

This is Neal Nurmi phot from the site's archives..

I'm just sitting here feeling good, remembering... thought I'd share my thoughts..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: I Miss Lyle Shelton!

Lyle was a historical figure beating the old Greenamyer record.

Greenamyer also made history beating the old nazi records.

Mustang is possibly too big to beat the record.

Why is the ME 109G with it's huge engine in a small airframe about 40-60mph slower than the P51 Mustang? In this video we look at the key differnces between...

BTW: I flew 200 planes in FSX and the screen capture of the F8F is from there !

Thank you FSX !
    Last edited by Jukka; 11-03-2018, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Re: I Miss Lyle Shelton!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      I remember watching this lanky guy walk from the pits to the flightline.. and then watching his absolutely fearless assault on the Pylon Air Racing course at Reno...

On his way out to the airplane his motion was almost magical, he walked with a certain grace that I've never seen before or since. It wasn't like he was trying to be something special, it was like he bent time and his stride almost became slow motion..

That was a man who left an impression! http://aafo.com/racing/2001/sheltonxar/01.htm[ATTACH=CONFIG]23900[/ATTACH]

This is Neal Nurmi phot from the site's archives..

I'm just sitting here feeling good, remembering... thought I'd share my thoughts..
      Thank you Wayne,
      Me too.....more than you could ever imagine.
      John
      John Slack

Comment

Working...
      X