RARA News-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA News-

RARA News (Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show)

Interesting.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 10-26-2018, 05:24 AM.

Re: RARA News-

I can't see anything bad about this. More advertising, better advertising, and likely some good representation at some big, well known shows on the east coast. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2019 brings.

Will

Comment

Thanks for keeping up with the releases from Reno!! I added a bit to your post to help the search engines find the post to help spread the word!! We all should think about adding RENO AIR RACES whenever we post RARA type stuff... that way the rest of the world might see your post if the search bots find it!! Keep up da good work! I didn't check mail yesterday (sick kitty needed my complete attention) so I'd missed the notice from them!!)
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks, I definitely rushed that title.

Comment

Interesting. I’m all for it but sheesh, they couldn’t come up with a better name? “Grunt Style Air Show Majors Tour” just rolls off the tongue like a flat tire. What the hell is Grunt Style? What the hell is an Airshow Major?
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I have visions of a rainbow mohawk sporting "aanouncer" screaming at us somewhere around 110 db. I finally broke down and started offering earplugs around our box this year. Nothing to do with the F-16 demo. You couldn't hear it over the loudspeakers.

Under the heading any publicity is good, I'll cross my fingers and hope to enjoy an airshow major. Whatever that is.
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

From Sun 'N Fun, being the first "tour stop", I have only seen positive things come out of this. Watching the Livestream, Reno has been mentioned a handful of times with great footage from past streams, videos, NBCsports, etc.

Steph Stricklen seems to be the "on-site" representative, and she basically advertises all of the Grunt Style supported airshows through various platforms (her own social media, the Sun 'N Fun Livestream, most likely on-site advertisement).

I think it's awesome, basically airshows helping airshows. Reno being one of the later shows on the tour is great too, gives them some time for Grunt to advertise Reno at the three other prior venues Bethpage, Cleveland, and Thunder!

Just curious to see if Grunt will always be part of a Livestream at their shows, whether that be LiveAirshowTV like Sun 'N Fun is, or another outlet.

Will be awesome for Steph to have interviews lined up with racers to air throughout the weekend also.

*Also wanted to expand on the face that the advertisement for Reno was actually really good. No ridiculous editing, just raw race footage and a great description of the Unlimiteds and the idea of Air Racing in general. Also highlighted the Thunderbirds, AFTER the racing, which I agree with.
              Last edited by GRNDP51; 04-05-2019, 02:30 PM.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
              X