FW 190 down 101 freeway California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW 190 down 101 freeway California

Fw-190 down 101 freeway California anybody else know about the FW 190 on the 101 freeway in California being down Center divider sad day pilot made it out don't know whose it was

Re: FW 190 down 101 freeway California

It was a T-6......Information from NAG

Comment

Yeah I just read it was a mock dogfight T6 look like an FW 190 thanks guys

Comment

LINK TO STORY
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"Forney F-1" which from what I can find is basically an ercoupe.

Pic in article sure looks like a T-6 to me!
          Gotta love the press...
          Sad for the loss of the plane but sure glad the pilot got out.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

One reporter also stated that there was still 90gal of jet fuel on the freeway.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
              Another news report "it was a Nazi World War II plane"

Todays news networks leave a lot to be desired. I personally have reduced my daily news intake drastically.

Comment

Kinda like the coverage back when the PSA 727 went down in San Diego after a collision with a Cessna. All of the animations showed the Cessna overtaking the jet and hitting the wing from behind, and in one news conference a demonstrator of a blind-flying hood had it on backwards...

No wonder the average person sees airplanes as magic, they are taught nothing by the news and unfortunately that is where a large percentage get their information.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                  Kinda like the coverage back when the PSA 727 went down in San Diego after a collision with a Cessna. All of the animations showed the Cessna overtaking the jet and hitting the wing from behind, and in one news conference a demonstrator of a blind-flying hood had it on backwards...

No wonder the average person sees airplanes as magic, they are taught nothing by the news and unfortunately that is where a large percentage get their information.
                  I do not have too much confidence in the "news media".

Comment

Must have been a faulty flux capacitator
                    "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                      Maybe the flux capasitor of this Me 190 "Freedom Fighter" started to leak just before it reached the critical speed of 88 mph ?

Footage of the craft in japanese markings; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69teY3mRPAU
                      Last edited by Jukka; 10-24-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post

I remember all that. The hood demo was funny, like you said, they had it on backwards, The newsperson was demostrating how a student would look through the holes on the adjustment strap. Was hard to believe anyone could be so stupid.
                        I worked for Bridgeford Flying Service in Stockton CA at the time. We were inundated with news people. Why? because Dick Bridgeford the owner, a few years earlier had survived a midair with a PSA 727 at SFO Dick was able to land the 182 safely at SFO. The crew of the PSA 727 were informed they had hit a 182, the captain said, no they had missed him and elected to continue to their destination. At the gate, they discovered part of the 182 aileron stuck in the belly of the 727. My understanding was the captain was terminated. The PSA 727 was to blame for the midair.

Comment

Working...
                        X