Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strega 2019

Default Strega 2019

Current issue of Air Classics contains report from Reno 2018. Sun Air Parts has an ad which contains this verbiage:

FLASH: Sun Air Parts will be managing the rebuild of the Vintage V-12s Merlin for Strega - watch for us at Reno 2019!
    Hopefully this will start a trend.

Default Re: Strega 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Box 77 View Post
    Current issue of Air Classics contains report from Reno 2018. Sun Air Parts has an ad which contains this verbiage:

FLASH: Sun Air Parts will be managing the rebuild of the Vintage V-12s Merlin for Strega - watch for us at Reno 2019!
    Awesome. Never going to be sad to see the Witch turning the sticks. Happy Halloween!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Box 77 View Post

With the new talent and vision within RARA coming to the table, who knows what we'll see happen! This could and I really mean COULD become something altogether different than what we've seen in the way of funding...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

This is great news! Hoping this means that Voodoo will be back also! Now if we could only get the Bear out of hibernation...

I guess I will be the "devil's advocate" here. If Strega does enter next year, and Voodoo does not, who really believes that it will be a true race if Strega remains healthy? What plane out there, with the exception of Voodoo has a chance to beat Strega? I don't believe that Rare Bear has flown in the past 3-4 years. I get the idea that the owner is not at all interested in racing the Bear, so I really don't think it will be there in 2019, other than a display piece. I really enjoyed the races this year, as there was a chance that anyone could win the unlimited gold race. If Strega and Voodoo show up next year, it is a given that one of them will win, as long as one, or both, of them stay healthy. If for some reason they both are out of the race, well then it might be interesting. I would compare it to watching Ali fight a bunch of golden gloves boxers.....pretty sure who will win.

It's all money. If they(unknow) would pay the unlimited winner $500K/$1Million there would be a full field of true racers.
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    It's all money. If they(unknow) would pay the unlimited winner $500K/$1Million there would be a full field of true racers.
    I'm not sure a million dollars is enough to guarantee a full field of fast airplanes. It takes a lot more than money to get these really fast airplanes to Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I'm not sure a million dollars is enough to guarantee a full field of fast airplanes. It takes a lot more than money to get these really fast airplanes to Reno.
    But on the positive side of this, it sure would help!

Using NASCAR as an example, I think their sponsor dollars far exceed the prize money. I believe that will be the equation that our sport needs to truly get meaningful return for the owners of the aircraft who have to foot the huge bills.

The big question is how in heck to get more sponsor/partners to join in for the fun!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"