Lyle Shelton Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyle Shelton Article

Hope we get to see the Bear back one of these years. Maybe next year!

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/art.../#.W8t7intKjct
    Random Air Blog

Re: Lyle Shelton Article

A sizable investment for Mr. Lewis. Parts and spares? For the day when we see the Bear turning the course again.

Comment

Good article.......something I've never seen is a video of the climb record, is their one floating around somewhere, would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
        A sizable investment for Mr. Lewis. Parts and spares? For the day when we see the Bear turning the course again.
        No video, this was 1972. However somewhere in the immense collection of Lyle's stuff we have the 8mm film. Bill Cox writes a really good article.
        John
        John Slack

Comment

Would love to see that 8mm film. Wish someone would transfer it to video and post it on here. Would love to see the takeoff, I understand the tail was tied down and once full power was achieved, somehow the tail restraint was released and the Bearcat nearly leaped into the air.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
            Would love to see that 8mm film. Wish someone would transfer it to video and post it on here.
            Hopefully a transfer has already been done. My dad's 8mm films from the 60s and 70s are most all degraded (faded) to a point were not much is visible.

If someone has this film I have a working 8mm/super 8 projector. I have previously used this and a video camera on a tripod to copy, works fairly well.
            Last edited by Desertdawg; 10-31-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

We had the transfer done from 8mm to video from film shot in the sixties. Came out pretty good. My grandfathers 8mm came with a light bar and it was unbelievable! When he shot film inside during the holidays everybody had sunglasses on, it was so bright it looked like a bunch of people observing a nuclear explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
                No video, this was 1972. However somewhere in the immense collection of Lyle's stuff we have the 8mm film. Bill Cox writes a really good article.
                John
                John, I may be remembering incorrectly but do you remember the video that Sharon Coates put together for a fund raiser when we were doing the fan sponsorship thing. If I remember correctly, there is something there from the past.... it might be the speed record and not the TTC record... I have a copy... SOMEWHERE... chemobrain and a couple moves since that time have dulled my memory tho….
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  John, I may be remembering incorrectly but do you remember the video that Sharon Coates put together for a fund raiser when we were doing the fan sponsorship thing. If I remember correctly, there is something there from the past.... it might be the speed record and not the TTC record... I have a copy... SOMEWHERE... chemobrain and a couple moves since that time have dulled my memory tho….
                  That was the 3 Km record video. When my mom worked for a company that did film to video for the Hollywood studios she had most of our film set to 3/4" video tape. I have an idea of where it might be...... roughly. But despite having something being able to put your hands on it is not always easy. The time to climb footage we have has never been released to the general public.
                  John Slack

Comment

Does it need a lot of muscle to keep it straight ( Rare Bear ) ?

rgds,

Juke

Comment

Working...
                    X