Paul Allens Aircraft/Air Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Allens Aircraft/Air Museum

Has anyone heard anything about what is going to happen to Paul Allen's Aircraft/Air museum?
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Paul Allens Aircraft/Air Museum

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about what is going to happen to Paul Allen's Aircraft/Air museum?
    A bit too early at this point and Vulcan Inc. plays things fairly close to the vest.

I spent almost a decade working for Mr. Allen in his legal departmentat at Vulcan from 2001-2009. Part of my role was negotiating contracts for his corporate fligh department and for Flying Hertigage Collection. It was a truly amazing place to work, especially back when the flight department was a real going concern and FHC was begining its acquistions in earnest.

Given how Vulcan approached all of its affairs, I am fairly certain all such matters have been clearly defined and documented. I believe FHC was converted to a public charity earlier this year. That was genreally the method of development. Build up the entity to stand on its own then spin it off. As for the status of Mr. Allen's other high-profile interests like the Seattle Seahawks, Portland Trailblazers, EMP, etc., those matters may be a bit more complex.

Very sad news of his passing. He was a truly amazing man with incredible talents and unending generosity.
    Last edited by Air Boss; 10-18-2018, 12:28 PM.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Is the Stratolaunch project still going to be carrying on to launch a rocket into orbit from a carrier plane ?

I presume arrangements were made for Scaled Composites to continue as it is so close to completion.

Comment

All of Paul Allen's various projects were set-up to provide for themselves long before his passing.

The only "items" that are reportedly under consideration for sale are the Seattle and Portland sports teams.
        remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Working...
        X