2018 Winner of Signed Checkered Flag Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Winner of Signed Checkered Flag Announced

Wish I would have known this, I discarded my tickets.

Anyhow, great idea RARA.

Next year we'll need to post this here a bit sooner.

Re: 2018 Winner of Signed Checkered Flag Announced

Next year the prize is:

The winner gets to shadow me for a day. Start with the 0630 F1/Bip briefing followed by four addtional briefings until 1000hrs. But hey...you get to spend the day in the air-conditioned Tower Cab (assuming the 90+ steps up to the Cab aren't an issue...repeatedly), enjoy a "catered" lunch, pound down one cup of Krups coffee after another and have no issues with multiple and simultaneous radio and verbal traffic hammering your eardrums from 1030-1730.

Kidding...but hey...it's a thought! Don't get me wrong. I am thoroughly enjoying my gig...just poking some fun in the "off season." Kuddos to RARA for the effort and no doubt they'll have more to come!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Great job Owen. I hope RARA gets the Races extended beyond 2019. I've been doing this for 40 some years at Reno + the Cleveland races 1946 thru 1949.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
        Great job Owen. I hope RARA gets the Races extended beyond 2019. I've been doing this for 40 some years at Reno + the Cleveland races 1946 thru 1949.
        Thanks, Bob. Long days to be sure but I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything.

And from your lips to God's ear! It certainly looks like they've righted the ship and got their bearings.
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
        X