Thread: Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

Thumbs up Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

I'm always proud to be able to link to anything Eric Tegler or his brother Jan produce! I was fortunate to meet them both when I first started covering the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show (shameless plug for search engines lol) and I've always valued that early and ongoing relationship with both of them! I've always valued the links to their adventures that they send me...

Unfortunately, I got behind in my emails during my motorhome trip to RENO and missed a chance to let you all know about Eric Tegler's latest story exploring the sport of Pylon Air Racing!... Eric's done an outstanding job with this piece about Andrew Findlay linked below!

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/08...st-motorsport/
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Default Re: Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

Thnks for the link Wayne. This type of article shines a very good light on the sport class. Icing on the cake that the team achieved their goal of winning this year!

...also nice to see the Tegler name(Son's of John I assume).

Great Article

"young" Thomas

Default Re: article on Paul Downing

Putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. Paul flies for Envoy and they sponsored him in his rookie year and just released a nice article about him and the races. I got to fly with Paul earlier this year and hung out in his pit. Fun team that is set on going faster. He has the extended 360 wingtips so he made his own clipped wingtips. Cut his wingspan down by about 2'.
    https://www.envoyair.com/2018/10/09/...ot-takes-reno/
    Last edited by CubersWrist; 10-15-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    "young" Thomas

Default Re: article on Paul Downing

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. Flew with Paul earlier this year and hung out in his pit. Fun team that is set on going faster. He has the extended 360 wingtips so he made his own clipped wingtips. Cut his wingspan down by about 2'.
    https://www.envoyair.com/2018/10/09/...ot-takes-reno/
    Hello Young-Thomas,

Do you know the name & contact information for the gentleman from the #30 team that is the oil expert? I cannot remember his name and he and I chatted at length during race week. I was trying to get ahold of him.

Sam Swift
    Biplane #3
    Biplane Race #3