Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airshow Announcing

Originally posted by 3pedal View Post
    Those planes were a bit odd, every day it seemed there were more. I don't know if anyone else could see the signs, but where I walked by them on the way to my box, they had signs about STOL Drags at Reno next year, so they were advertising I assume. I think adding a new type of racing to the event next year is interesting. Time will tell how it works as a spectator event. It is a shame they blocked your view.
    The STOL event will be awesome. It'll bring another crowd to Reno that may have not experienced it yet. Making the event diverse is a big step. Bringing back NAHI, and the Thunderbirds, really stretches the types of people that may want to attend. Oshkosh is popular for the diversity, RARA is taking a page out of that book I hope
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The STOL competition at Air Venture in 2015 when I went was a good crowd involvement event with the people where I was sitting with people calling out how short they thought the take-of and landing roll would be.
      May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

The STOL Drag is really pretty cool. It's only been done out on the lakebed, so they need to think it through so it shows well here. There's grandstands and stuff in Reno and the crowd is more spread out and bigger. The lakebed is dead flat. It will be entertaining. Races are short - 2 min or so - could be good filler show between the morning races. The final last year was essentially a tie, though the airplanes were very different. A 360 cubic inch Carbon Cub vs a 90 cubic inch Highlander.

Cheers
        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
          I get it, announcing is not as easy as some people would think. I just ask one thing, know your subject. Example, a gold race not to many years ago, and there were several Sea Fury's in the race and like we all know there are at least four different types of engines powering Sea Fury's. Do the prep work, know what you are talking about.
          my crew related to me in an f1 race with me scotty moriss gary hubler and earl hibler ,we were running in a clump when the announcer couldnt name us all as we passed getting toung tied on simalar names he just announced here they all come again
          dave
          www.davemorss.com

Comment

Working...
          X