Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Reno 2018 Photo thread. Post what you shot, the more the better.

Default Re: Reno 2018 Photo thread. Post what you shot, the more the better.

Just a quick word, if I may...

I am continually amazed at the photographic expertise exhibited on this site in capturing the worlds fastest motorsport. An incredible collection of imagery that rivals anything I've seen, anywhere. Made more impressive by the fact that we're talking about capturing images of fast moving aircraft in challenging lighting...and yet, tack-sharp pics are the standard!

All of you push the rest of us mere mortals to challenge our skills behind the shutter. Well done...well done.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you AAFO'ers out there. Here's to exciting subjects and wondrous light!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR;
    I think it must be a file size issue rather than an actual image size issue. It wants no part of an image that is a large file size. That is a pain.

Will
    I'll look into whether the server software is able to both resize (which it does) and optimize as well. I believe that it does due to the limits of disk space and load times, we have two drives on the server, one we back up to daily, so we can't fill both, we're doing well for overall disk space available due to the software doing its job If it's just an uploaded file size issue that I can fix with a setting that does not overload the box, I'll do it!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Whup.. I think it's a PHP issue with max filesize upload.. pretty much a MAJOR PITA to dig in and change the script directives there... How bout running file through as "save for web' or any good jpg editing software saved to 80% quality and your images will look fine saved with any software. Adobe's "save for web' feature is far superior to any other I've seen in this area..

You could essentially save a reduced copy which you then delete... would that work?? As someone with a 5 drive RAID box sitting beside me that I can no longer access with my laptop because I managed to drown my last one and I can't find any that are made with the expansion slot that they all used to come with where you could add things like ESATA cables.... RAID box is, unfortunately, ESATA...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_WC87314.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	657.1 KB 
ID:	24054Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_WC87690.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	900.9 KB 
ID:	24057

Name:	_WC86868.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	549.5 KB 
ID:	24055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_WC87677.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	685.1 KB 
ID:	24058

Name:	_WC87657.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	535.9 KB 
ID:	24056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_WC86900.jpg 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	24059

A couple more from Thursday.

Will
    Last edited by RAD2LTR; 12-26-2018 at 07:47 PM.

May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Not the sharpest image I've ever taken but hand held at night (admittedly after a cocktail...or three), one can't expect much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0167.JPG 
Size:	928.1 KB 
ID:	24060  
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

Name:	_WC88986.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	24105

Name:	_WC88983.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	24106

Well, I got two shots to upload, 7 that gave me a "www.aafo.com says Upload failed" and several that just vanished into thin air.

Will

We have something really wonky going on. I just tried to upload 5 shots that were all under 5mb and all 5 reached 100% upload, and a popup came up saying the upload had failed. I even tried one as small as 2mb and no luck.

Will