Clear All

• New form of racing coming to NCAR 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	StolD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	242237

Re: New form of racing coming to NCAR 2019

Personally I think this would be a fun addition if they can find time in the schedule.
    Random Air Blog

Comment

And the space. Where is an area wide enough to get the space between aircraft?

Hover competition next? Good reason to have a Storch show up
      John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

What is that, a contest to see who can fly slowest? I remember spot landing contests, flower bombing, even a challenge to see who could take off, land and stop in the shortest distance. My father would take me along to these events at small strips around south/central California. Are folks still doing that stuff?
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Valdez Alaska has a annual STOL event for the bush pilots. Its a good show.

Pilots put their skills to the test at the 10th Annual Valdez Fly In.

Kevin Quinn has had couple of the big tired planes by the front pit gate for years..

Talked to him couple years back and he has been working with RARA to bring a event here.

So the is good news.

His group has a annual STOL drag race event every October just north of Reno on Dead Cow lake bed "High Sierra Fly-in".

Click image for larger version

Name:	HWR_2831.jpg
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	229069Click image for larger version

Name:	HWR_2830.jpg
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	229068
          Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-19-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            Valdez Alaska has a annual STOL event for the bush pilots. Its a good show.

Pilots put their skills to the test at the 10th Annual Valdez Fly In.

Kevin Quinn has had couple of the big tired planes by the front pit gate for years..

Talked to him couple years back and he has been working with RARA to bring a event here.

So the is good news.

His group has a annual STOL drag race event every October just north of Reno on Dead Cow lake bed "High Sierra Fly-in".

This is a very cool event to watch out on a lakebed. It will take a little bit of thought to make it work well in this venue but Kevin is all over it. Gonna be fun. Might give the guys with the microphones something better to talk about between the biplanes and the IF1s.

Cheers,
            Pete

Comment

Working...
            X