X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 2018 NCAR Wrap-Up!

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    To me, they were awesome.

Let's bring on more museum warbirds & privately owned warbirds into the Museum and Silver classes.

"Get your bird out for some exercise, turn some laps over the high desert sage brush and Juniper trees." What a way to spend a week!

It will add Reno Air Race pedigree to it's history

And what can you say about the Pin-up artists. Great stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23780[/ATTACH]
    It sounds like you're a fan of parades, not racing. It's not an air show, it's the National Championship Air Races (races implies racing, not parades).

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
      It sounds like you're a fan of parades, not racing. It's not an air show, it's the National Championship Air Races (races implies racing, not parades).
      Your assumption is wrong. I said museum (bronze) and silver class. What is so wrong with expandingi those 2 classes?

Unlimited would be still be there for the fast racer class. Reality is what our childrens generation will see, not large fields of
      super modified warbirds like our generation was use too. I would still hope they can see and hear these exceptional warbirds fly the course, even if is just parade laps.

For true racing we have the other classes, T6, sport, jet, formula and biplane. All of which provide some great racing.

This year I thoroughly enjoyed the racing in these class. Every class put up some great competition. Sport class gold set the bar.

Comment

Your assumption is wrong. I said museum (bronze) and silver class. What is so wrong with expandingi those 2 classes?

Unlimited would be still be there for the fast racer class. Reality is what our childrens generation will see, not large fields of
        super modified warbirds like our generation was use too. I would still hope they can see and hear these exceptional warbirds fly the course, even if is just parade laps.

For true racing we have the other classes, T6, sport, jet, formula and biplane. All of which provide some great racing.

This year I thoroughly enjoyed the racing in these class. Every class put up some great competition. Sport class gold set the bar.
        I agree with you Dawg, I saw a lot of competitive racing in all classes. IMO the highly modified racers in the unlimited class have always gone in cycles. If air racing is strong overall, it will garner some interest from sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          "As a side note, Facebook sucks and all the information gathering that they are doing is going to come back and bite us. Facebook isn't the place for me to see racing updates."

So sadly true -- Faceplant has already repeatedly bitten America on the ass and it's only gonna get worse. That is a very bad and dangerous place and America is just too stupid and greedy to realize that we're being had.

Neal
          Repeat as necessary.

Comment

Unlimited would be still be there for the fast racer class. Reality is what our childrens generation will see, not large fields of super modified warbirds like our generation was use too. I would still hope they can see and hear these exceptional warbirds fly the course, even if is just parade laps.

And to add my two cents ... there was racing in the unlimited class this year! That silver race was fun to watch! Miss America did pass Sawbones on Sunday, and there was one day were Goldfinger and 924 went back and forth.

Frankly in all the classes there are going to be some races that look like parades, or maybe parades where only two planes are actually racing back and forth for a position. I think this is just part of the dynamic of racing in general ... be it air racing, auto racing, or cross country skiing ... there were plenty of unlimited races in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's in which the order of the field was pretty set by the end of the pace lap baring maydays. So I don't think the unlimited class is now suddenly void of racing because Rare Bear, Voodoo, or Strega didn't show up, it just may not have quite the same top speeds that it once did.
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X