This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was Wayne?

Anybody see Wayne Sagar this week? I've never seen him so invisible during a Race week. I really missed his insights and inside news. It has felt strange around here without him.

Re: Where was Wayne?

I sat across the isle from him on the bus to pylon 8 yesterday morning.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      Anybody see Wayne Sagar this week? I've never seen him so invisible during a Race week. I really missed his insights and inside news. It has felt strange around here without him.
      Thank you for the very kind comment Neal! As for "news".. I've not been chasing it with much vigor over the past few years.. I generally get more information from the members here who are a lot closer to the source in many MANY cases! That, and much of what I learn is not for publication... "off record"

As for what I was doing, mostly... Trying to perfect the craft. I'd not picked up my D4 body, much less the Nikor 200-400 lens in two years, so being out of practice was weighing heavily on my mind... I was out every day Sunday to Sunday, unfortunately, by the time I got back to the Motorhome, I could do nothing but fall into bed, dirty and sleep till next day! Wondering how much weight I lost this last week, I hardly ate!

Taught myself a few things on Saturday, I think it was Saturday.. Camera clock battery dead, could not find proper replacement at WallyWorld, so unsure of timestamp on images. (GRRR)

First image is a crop and downsize to 50% of as shot, second is crop at 100% Shot Sunday, IF1 final.. And yes, the pilot is smiling, EVERY SINGLE LAP that I shot him close enough to tell! I managed quite a few shots that show some unique facial expressions.. Recouping from 7 days straight at altitude, and humidity levels that are completely foreign to living at sea level, on the Pacific ocean breathing heavily oxygenated, damp ocean air!
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great photograph. It was high time you started to learn how to take pictures again Wayne. You've always had talent, but between illness, website and general survival you've tended not to do the work required to remain current, and it does require work. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you did.

That D4 is a fine machine indeed. I used them quite a bit when Nikon was sponsoring, and loved them, except for the ridiculous size and weight, and the rather minimal pixel count by today's standards for general non sports use. If I was still doing any motorsports I'd probably have one -- I think in many ways it's actually superior to the D5 for daylight motorsports work.

Looking forward to more...

Neal

Comment

Great photograph. It was high time you started to learn how to take pictures again Wayne. You've always had talent, but between illness, website and general survival you've tended not to do the work required to remain current, and it does require work. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you did.

That D4 is a fine machine indeed. I used them quite a bit when Nikon was sponsoring, and loved them, except for the ridiculous size and weight, and the rather minimal pixel count by today's standards for general non sports use. If I was still doing any motorsports I'd probably have one -- I think in many ways it's actually superior to the D5 for daylight motorsports work.

Neal
          Ahem, on a more humorous note: yep, you taught me everything you know and I still don't know **** chit... LOL
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Neal
            I really haven't done much with my stuff from the last few years, I only missed one year, muscle memory is just that, it may get rusty but a couple passes from the airplanes that race in the World's Fastest Motorsport The Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show and the juices flow and the muscles, though aging and sore, somehow manage to pull out a gem or two. This year, I just risked trying some new ways to use what this wonderful camera can do and I'm even more impressed with it than I ever was! I'll keep them coming, a two day journey home in a motor home.. LOL will try to get some done on overnight with amazing cell tethering to computer.., wow, the tech today, wish we'd had it back then when I'd have to wake everyone in the motorhome when I returned from the press shack from the dialup internet connection there!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X