Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bare Metal Sea Fury

Default Re: Bare Metal Sea Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    924 has the 'Dreadnought' canopies. Eagles Wings has the normal "stock" canopies. There is a pronounced 'bump' in them.
    Did 924 get the canopy off another plane? Or was it always on it before they restored it to what it is now
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

So it was Cottonmouth that ran as Conch Fury? I really thought I remembered it all differently. Like I said -- these Sea Fury identities get really confusing. That makes the crash even more sad. Cottonmouth is still hands down the best looking Sea Fury I've ever seen. And, being a Jerry Janes project it was really immaculate.

Neal-

speaking of sea furies,what happened to these?------furias,september pops,september fury and spirit of texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang1957 View Post
    speaking of sea furies,what happened to these?------furias,september pops,september fury and spirit of texas.
    Furias is being rebuilt, September Pops and September Fury are both owned by Rod Lewis, Pops has been repainted to cuban colors, September Fury needs an engine, and is for sale, and Spirit of Texas is owned by Stu Dawson, and flies frequently.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    September Fury needs an engine, and is for sale, Will
    It was there on-site...just like it has been for the last several years...just sitting, guarding the flightline suites. I mean, at least it was on display behind the fence and ropes so nobody could take pictures of it, you know? The spectators had THAT going for them. Fortunately, John Moore was able to convince them to put the lopsided wings down...because early in the week it was pretty ugly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0318.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	391.1 KB 
ID:	23842  

Since we are bringing up Fury's from the past, Jim Mott's Miss Chief. I was told back in the day it had a transport Centaurus hence the 4 blade prop. If my memory is correct it was a single seat. If I had time to dig through old pics that I don't have time to scan I would post some. Where is Miss Chief now? I just Googled the answer.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/furyr...ury-wg567.html

http://www.pylon1.org/articles/publish/printer_68.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Nuts View Post
    Since we are bringing up Fury's from the past, Jim Mott's Miss Chief. I was told back in the day it had a transport Centaurus hence the 4 blade prop. If my memory is correct it was a single seat. If I had time to dig through old pics that I don't have time to scan I would post some. Where is Miss Chief now? I just Googled the answer.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/furyr...ury-wg567.html

http://www.pylon1.org/articles/publish/printer_68.shtml
    Oh wow, I didn't realize Super Chief and Miss Merced were one and the same. I really hope Eric will bring it out to race one of these years before Furias is ready to go. (or bring both.)

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't realize Super Chief and Miss Merced were one and the same. I really hope Eric will bring it out to race one of these years before Furias is ready to go. (or bring both.)

Will
    He would place higher with MM in Unlimited than he does with TNT in T-6! Sorry Eric, ya had it coming lol
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18