Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Brown's New Ride on Sunday

Originally posted by Airrace7 View Post
    When Bill Rheinchild raced he had speeds in the 430 mph. What happened to the speed
    Hope you folks can forgive me, but is Goldfinger the old Risky? I thought Bill(Rhino) had Risky restored himself...?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Hope you folks can forgive me, but is Goldfinger the old Risky? I thought Bill(Rhino) had Risky restored himself...?
      Yes, Goldfinger is Risky Business. Apparently MB didn't like some of the things done, so he had the Teeters go through the whole thing after he got it.

Will

Comment

Some years ago there was an article or interview in which Mr. Brown mentioned that he watched the Sea Fury's racing at Reno, and really took a liking to them. We all know what happened with his development of Sept. Fury. What has turned him on to the Mustang?

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          Who are Airmotive?

Neal

Art Teeters’ son Dave , he has a shop right across the ramp in Salinas.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE5CD25-2996-4BD7-934B-7F77867700EC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	229082
            Close up on the wingtip
            Last edited by CubersWrist; 09-21-2018, 06:52 AM.
            "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Mark Watt in 924 and Mike Brown in Goldfinger during Thursday's heat race from Pylon 5. And the same pair from Friday's heat race at Pylon 8 under less than ideal lighting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]23802[/ATTACH]
                Close up on the wingtip
                It would be interesting to tape on a few tufts, and see how the air interacts with the sharp edges. Are those wing tips borrowed from PM also?

Comment

It would be interesting to tape on a few tufts, and see how the air interacts with the sharp edges. Are those wing tips borrowed from PM also?
                  PM never used tips like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    PM never used tips like that.
                    Somewhere there were some photos of PM(in Florida) with what looked like flat clipped tips(no fence) but only on for a limited time; if my memory has not gone completely.

Comment

There was an excellent post by my friend Bruce Lockwood some years back talking about an early 90s test of wingtip mods. They put 4 different types on Miss A and ran high power calibrated speed as well as seat of the pants testing. These included flat plate, Hoerner (I think) and a couple of styles of curled. The results were very interesting -- real measurable speed differences and significant handling differences too. Bruce was a great poster -- I recently ran searches in aafo for him, Dago, Bear Driver, Matt Jackson, BellcobraIV etc and printed out a bankers box full of great historical material. There used to be some great and well informed tech talk both here and on Scotty's site, Too bad those days have gone, but there's still a LOT of material in the aafo archives if you're willing to dig for it. This site is not going to be here forever -- no web site is forever. I highly recommend that anybody with some interest in Racing history do some digging while the information is still here...

Neal
                      Last edited by wingman; 09-21-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Somewhere there were some photos of PM(in Florida) with what looked like flat clipped tips(no fence) but only on for a limited time; if my memory has not gone completely.
                        The year of the fire the team had removed the custom wingtips and were going to run with just the clipped wings. No fences or anything else.
                        Spaceflight and Military/Civilian Aviation, Nature & Scenic Imagery by Award-Winning Aerospace Photographer and Writer Mike Killian
                        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X