Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Default Formula 1

Anybody know when they're going to start Live streaming Friday? I'd particularly like to watch the IF1 Gold Heat -- from what I can tell the Thursday Heat 1A must really have been something! RARA still does not seem to have the Race results posted but I think I've figured out the finish by looking up individual airplanes and pilots. If anybody can post a quick summary of how that race went it would be appreciated.

I thought the live streaming today was quite well done. Some pretty interesting T-6 racing -- are we seeing a "changing of the guard"?

Neal

Default Re: Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Anybody know when they're going to start Live streaming Friday? I'd particularly like to watch the IF1 Gold Heat -- from what I can tell the Thursday Heat 1A must really have been something! RARA still does not seem to have the Race results posted but I think I've figured out the finish by looking up individual airplanes and pilots. If anybody can post a quick summary of how that race went it would be appreciated.

I thought the live streaming today was quite well done. Some pretty interesting T-6 racing -- are we seeing a "changing of the guard"?

Neal
    Feed should start at 8 AM local time. The F1 heat this morning was epic. Could have thrown a small blanket over the top three with Justin Meaders taking the win with his new airplane "Limitless"

Thanks. I was associated with IF1 for many years, and I still find it the most interesting Racing class of all (especially these days). It's great to see this kind of competition! Good for the class, and good for Air Racing!

Anybody got a photo of this new airplane? Is it really a new design?

Here are a couple of really nice videos about Justin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewwgyys1IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWaQitY270

Neal
    Last edited by wingman; 09-13-2018 at 10:16 PM.

IF1 gold this morning was the second best race today (after Sport gold of course )

It's a Snoshoo. He made his own fuselage plug, adapted the fuselage to take the Paulo Iscold wing. Has a 4 into 1 exhaust and a 3 blade CATTO prop.
    "young" Thomas

Thank you for the information. That's some impressive tech. Must look interesting with the three blade prop, and we've seen what those props do for Aberle's Bipe racer. I met and talked a bit with Paulo Iscold some years back at Reno, and was very impressed with that mind! A very impressive man!

I'd still like to see photos of the airplane...

Neal
    Last edited by wingman; 09-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.

And by the way -- That Sport Heat was really impressive. It was great to see somebody challenge #39! Thanks for all the posting about the Stihl airplane this year. It really helps understand that race a lot better.

I'd still like to see photos of the airplane...
    Here is one that I took.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Limitless.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	23735  

Nice looking airplane! Thanks...

Neal

Nice looking airplane! Thanks...

Neal

Justin ran a contest to pick the paint scheme. Jennesa Link won, after having entered the contest for Precious Metal a few years ago....while she didn't win that one, she did design the Griffon logos that are on the shirts and PM.

Love the Live Feed since I couldn't be there in person.

Good to see #17 back. I liked the guy who built the airplane and raced it for so long a lot. It's nice (and surprising) to see Goforth placing her in the Gold heats. It's just a plain Hershey wing Cassutt, after all.

Neal