Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Reno Air Race Live Feed

Default Re: 2018 Reno Air Race Live Feed

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Iím talking about the past three years (so 16,17,18)

What are you doing for your correction? If you subtract 12 seconds from the posted time 44 has 1:10 or 415mph, which canít be right.
    As for the racing that week the DQs and DNFs make it impossible to tell but we were consistently ahead and stayed ahead until the hurt engine came into play.
    In 2017-18 30 only got faster.

As for the fact that we havenít attempted a speed record, that doesnít change the fact that 30 is the faster airplane, which is what the announcer was saying.
    Opinion doesn't count for fact. On the time adjustment you subtract the 12 seconds for the total race time.

Nice win today.

Quote Originally Posted by gp70442 View Post
    I'm sitting waiting for the final results and speeds from the Sport 3A today. That got my heart pounding like the old days. Nice job Andrew!

Quite a bit of smoke or vapor coming from Jeff's airplane occasionally.

GP
    My thought was 39 was pumping a lot of fluid or is starting to smoke. I don't recall seeing a trail behind him during the first two races.

Perhaps 39 is having engine issues?
    Last edited by georgiacub; 09-15-2018 at 04:36 PM.

I saw the smoke lugfs and or vapor also. Wonderi g if it was light playing tricks as he didnt seem to notice or slow up. Fantastic race.

He was very visibly trailing something, and for quite a while. It seems likely it was water or fluids; as pointed out he did not seem to slow (though he was not at 400 mph, either). Remember that Andrew trailed a whole bunch of stuff early in the race on Thursday, and it seems there was no issue.

That was a great Race -- I'm looking forward to both the IF1 and Sport Golds tomorrow. I hope the winds ease up -- 500 pound Formula Ones don't do well in 30 mph winds.

You really have to feel for Steve Senegal -- He's going into the record books as 8th in the Silver, after being the solid top qualifier. What a shame...

Neal

It seems lime the last few years Senagal has slowed from 267 to 245. I could be wrong on the 267. Anyway he is slower than he was when he set the fastest qualifying record cor if1

Who is the clearly well informed ďMystery ChickĒ commentator on the Jet Class?

Sounds like an Aviatrix of some capability herself....

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    He was very visibly trailing something, and for quite a while. It seems likely it was water or fluids; as pointed out he did not seem to slow (though he was not at 400 mph, either). Remember that Andrew trailed a whole bunch of stuff early in the race on Thursday, and it seems there was no issue.

That was a great Race -- I'm looking forward to both the IF1 and Sport Golds tomorrow. I hope the winds ease up -- 500 pound Formula Ones don't do well in 30 mph winds.

You really have to feel for Steve Senegal -- He's going into the record books as 8th in the Silver, after being the solid top qualifier. What a shame...

Neal
    Steve will still get a chance to win the silver. Thanks to some hard work by Shifty and others, the silver final has been added to tomorrow morning's schedule. The weather guessers are predicting low wind until lunch time or so.

You beat me to it Race5 -- I just minutes ago found out about the Silver being squeezed in tomorrow. That is really great news for Formula 1 lovers, and even better news for Steve. Winning would make him the alternate for the Gold, I believe, and eligible to run if anybody cannot start. So there's even a slim chance we could still see that epic 3 way Race.

Unfortunately the Live feed has not been starting til late morning, so I feel no hope for seeing the Silver. I do hope for seeing the Gold, however.

Regarding the female color commentator -- she is indeed a veteran Racer, and has a colorful and controversial past. She really is doing a very nice job, generally. It seems she may finally be growing up a bit...

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Unfortunately the Live feed has not been starting til late morning, so I feel no hope for seeing the Silver. I do hope for seeing the Gold, however.
    It was up and running before 8 am "Reno time" for me ...? The only morning it wasn't up and going by 8 am was Thursday.
    Chris

That's hopeful news -- I couldn't get connected today til quite a bit later than that, and Friday was worse. It would be fun to see that Silver Race...