2018 Reno Air Race Live Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Reno Air Race Live Feed

What can I say...Thank you to all the people who made possible the live transmition of these Reno races, so I could see the Gold Finals from thousands of kilometers. I´m so happy, thank you to all again.

Comment

Thank You everyone that made the live feed possible. the coverage was WAY above what we have had in the past.

Marilyn Dash was very good behind the mic. Not over the top llike the other guy.

Thank you STIHL for supporting this great racing event.

it was an excellent race week.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiacub View Post
        Opinion doesn't count for fact. On the time adjustment you subtract the 12 seconds for the total race time.

Nice win today.
        Thank you, sir.

Fastest. Legacy. IN HISTORY!
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Man, that Sport Gold was one of the best things I've seen in Reno for many years! Congratulations to Andrew and the entire One Moment Team for a victory well earned and well deserved!!

Comment

I see the Sunday race speed posted at 402.7. Anybody have the lap speeds they can share? I'd like to see just how fast #30 really was this weekend.

If there was a record broken, by all means share. I can't seem to any info on that yet.

GP

Comment

Live Streaming was awesome, Thanks to RARA and Stihl for sure. Sports Class is my new favorite "Go 30" Thanks to the Sanders for bringing all those aircraft. Great Job everyone !

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                I see the Sunday race speed posted at 402.7. Anybody have the lap speeds they can share? I'd like to see just how fast #30 really was this weekend.

If there was a record broken, by all means share. I can't seem to any info on that yet.

GP
                I think I heard the announcers say laps above 410, and IIRC, Andy’s average of 402 is 411 and change on the old timing. I forget what the record is but I think it’s 409? So basically if that’s true Andy ran the “fastest” race so far at a touch over 7 minutes. If I am wrong it was pretty close to the fastest sport race yet.
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Unofficial times I got froma friend in the tower:
                  1:10.19
                  1:10.4
                  1:10.19
                  1:09.94

Yuu also could time the race from the recorded livestream
                  Last edited by CubersWrist; 09-17-2018, 06:39 PM.
                  "young" Thomas

Comment

Thank you!

That's
                    405.7 mph
                    404.5 mph
                    405.7 mph
                    407.2 mph

for those laps. Well done!
                    You have developed quite a following with your sharing of build progress over the past year. Its really great for us fans to be able to follow along, then see your tremendous success. You put on quite a show.
                    Congratulations again.

GP

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                      Thank you, sir.

Fastest. Legacy. IN HISTORY!
                      Yes, now it is. Unless we now want to get into a pxxsing contest of which airplane, 30 or 44 has gone the fastest in a descent?

Comment

Thanks GP,

I'm glad you've enjoyed the posts. We get excited when we find a new speed mod, and we like to talk about it with people that share that excitement. Plus it helps pass the time during the off-season.
                        Last edited by CubersWrist; 09-18-2018, 09:47 AM.
                        "young" Thomas

Comment

I'm an old Warbird follower but #30 in the Sports Gold put on quite a show & yes I am becoming a fan. Thanks for all your inputs during the year on #30.Keep up the good work.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Glad you've enjoyed the updates and glad your becoming a fan. The people in sport class are a lot of fun, and there is a lot of passion for going faster all throughout the class.

This was announced on fb, but RARA has uploaded high definition videos of all the Gold races.
                            Over 50 years ago, the first plane went up in the Nevada desert to kick off what would become the STIHL National Championship Air Races and a legacy was born. In the time since, it has imbued a true legacy of aviation history, heritage and preservation, an incredible annual display of daring, imagination and wonder, leaving breathless fans a wealth of memories made, traditions formed and legends created one amazing race at a time. Engines roaring. Crowds cheering. Hearts pounding. Eight planes racing wing-tip to wing-tip, 50 feet above the ground at speeds up to more than 500 mph. This is the fastest motorsport on Earth – a one-of-a-kind thrill you have to see, hear and feel to believe. This is classic, cool and contemporary all rolled into one. This is life at 500 miles per hour. This is the National Championship Air Races. The 2023 National Championship Air Races were held September 13-17, 2023.

And this youtube channel has all of the races recorded via screen capture.
                            "young" Thomas

Comment

Working...
                            X