2018 Reno Air Race Live Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Reno Air Race Live Feed

Who is the clearly well informed “Mystery Chick” commentator on the Jet Class?

Sounds like an Aviatrix of some capability herself....

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      He was very visibly trailing something, and for quite a while. It seems likely it was water or fluids; as pointed out he did not seem to slow (though he was not at 400 mph, either). Remember that Andrew trailed a whole bunch of stuff early in the race on Thursday, and it seems there was no issue.

That was a great Race -- I'm looking forward to both the IF1 and Sport Golds tomorrow. I hope the winds ease up -- 500 pound Formula Ones don't do well in 30 mph winds.

You really have to feel for Steve Senegal -- He's going into the record books as 8th in the Silver, after being the solid top qualifier. What a shame...

Neal
      Steve will still get a chance to win the silver. Thanks to some hard work by Shifty and others, the silver final has been added to tomorrow morning's schedule. The weather guessers are predicting low wind until lunch time or so.

Comment

You beat me to it Race5 -- I just minutes ago found out about the Silver being squeezed in tomorrow. That is really great news for Formula 1 lovers, and even better news for Steve. Winning would make him the alternate for the Gold, I believe, and eligible to run if anybody cannot start. So there's even a slim chance we could still see that epic 3 way Race.

Unfortunately the Live feed has not been starting til late morning, so I feel no hope for seeing the Silver. I do hope for seeing the Gold, however.

Regarding the female color commentator -- she is indeed a veteran Racer, and has a colorful and controversial past. She really is doing a very nice job, generally. It seems she may finally be growing up a bit...

Neal

Comment

Unfortunately the Live feed has not been starting til late morning, so I feel no hope for seeing the Silver. I do hope for seeing the Gold, however.
          It was up and running before 8 am "Reno time" for me ...? The only morning it wasn't up and going by 8 am was Thursday.
          Chris

Comment

That's hopeful news -- I couldn't get connected today til quite a bit later than that, and Friday was worse. It would be fun to see that Silver Race...

Comment

You beat me to it Race5 -- I just minutes ago found out about the Silver being squeezed in tomorrow. That is really great news for Formula 1 lovers, and even better news for Steve. Winning would make him the alternate for the Gold, I believe, and eligible to run if anybody cannot start. So there's even a slim chance we could still see that epic 3 way Race.

Regarding the female color commentator -- she is indeed a veteran Racer, and has a colorful and controversial past. She really is doing a very nice job, generally. It seems she may finally be growing up a bit...

Neal
              Yes, she has made the commentary interesting. I did hear them once say Marilyn.

"There coming upon a gaggle of P51s"

"Theres a gaggle of planes ahead"

Haven't heard that word use in quite a while.

Comment

That's probably Marilyn Dash who flew in the Bi-Plane class.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

I really do appreciate that we get to see some of the races through streaming video. Sadly the camera has been stuck viewing the concession area behind the stands for a long time. Any chance someone could go turn it toward the races?

Comment

Yeah we're back to racing!

Comment

One opinion - Thank You STIHL and thanks to RARA / STIHL for the coverage - this is priceless for those of us who could not make it there this year. Duggy & I are enjoying it - Marilyn is doing a fantastic job - please thank the production team...great hearing Steve S. up there as well. Mitch & Duggy / Thanks Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
                        One opinion - Thank You STIHL and thanks to RARA / STIHL for the coverage - this is priceless for those of us who could not make it there this year. Duggy & I are enjoying it - Marilyn is doing a fantastic job - please thank the production team...great hearing Steve S. up there as well. Mitch & Duggy / Thanks Wayne!
                        I 2nd all of this! Having Marilyn in the booth has been invaluable! The camera work has greatly improved this year! Awesome job!

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Great addition to the live stream format.

They are really on to something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marylin Dash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	229054

Comment

That was cool! I was hoping for the Miss America, but the Buick has been too strong all week.

Good for Team Sanders, they have certainly invested enough time and money in Reno they deserve some credit.
                            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

[U]i thought the live feed was ok, considering today’s standards it could use some improvements.

The lady commentator was a nice change and she seemed pretty knowledgeable about warbirds and Racing.

Comment

Having Marilyn in the booth has been invaluable!
                                Well, that's a bit of a stretch. I thought Wingman summed it up pretty well.

Congratulations Andrew for some fabulous racing and a trophy. And Doc Hisey showed he has some gas left in the tank. Nice flying Doc!

GP

Comment

Working...
                                X