Most Impressive Speeds from Tuesday- 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Impressive Speeds from Tuesday- 9/11

Biplane: Phantom leads the pack as usual. Andrew is getting more comfortable with the plane and bumped his qualifying speed 13mph over last year

F1: Nobody was able to dethrone Endeavor and Fraed Naught, but Race 44 Judy did put up a great time after a 7 year absence. She currently sits 4th behind Limitless. No Strings Attached also ran today, their qualifying speed was nearly the same as last year and put them in 6th

T-6: As the 4 fastest ran the course yesterday, today was mainly filling in the rest of the gaps. Bare Essentials ran the fastest time today securing the 5th spot at 225

Sport: Jeff LaVelle set the pace today, per usual, at a very fast 407 and change. Pete's Race 28 went up again, but didn't put down any 'more impressive' speeds than yesterday. I think there's some bugs to be worked out as Pete has very high hopes for that airframe. Mojo also qualified a relatively slow 311. Race 181 is still yet to qualify and potentially shake up the top few spots tomorrow morning

Jet: Race 15 and 24 both put down their times today. Vicky qualified 5th at 461, and Pete took over 2nd place at 497. It'll be great to see the top 4 or 5 race this weekend

Unlimited: Dreadnought now sits on the pole at 433, a solid 10mph faster than last year. Sawbones held onto the second spot with Miss America swooping up 3rd at 405 and change. Argonaut and 924 followed in 4th and 5th with higher speeds than last year. If nothing changes tomorrow morning, Full Noise will be the cut-off point for Heat 1A, and everybody below Graeme will be racing on Thursday, with Goldfinger on the pole. A win for Mike on Thursday will put him in Friday's gold heat!

Let's go racin'!
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-11-2018, 06:00 PM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Most Impressive Speeds from Tuesday- 9/11

It'll be interesting to see if Goldfinger has been holding back.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      It'll be interesting to see if Goldfinger has been holding back.
      I think it's a mix of sandbagging and Mike figuring things out again. First off, we all know that plane is more than 7mph faster than Sparky, that's a given. Mike hasn't been on that course for 10 years, the course and altitude restrictions have changed since then, he also wasn't flying a clipped wing Mustang 10 years ago. I think time will pull that speed up, a little competition on the pylons should too.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

One Moment also sounded fast yesterday: https://youtu.be/soos7cT-F2c
        but I don't know the speed by now.
        Miss America was also impressive finally: https://youtu.be/3MEAsIDrwKA

Best regards,
        Florian
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X