Stead Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead Tour

I was out to Stead yesterday(9/1/18). The Gen. Admission stands are up. Sani-Huts in place. Blue barrels being filled with water & being placed in the pits. All quiet in the "Bear Cave" except for a T33 being worked on. T6 "Gotcha" being worked on in another hanger. T6 #69 "Eros" on ramp with canopy cover on. NAG trailer in pits in-place with others being moved around. Outside dirt lots being mowed & entrance buildings in place. Down by the Thunder Mustangs 2 are being worked on in the hanger. I understand the one with the 5 blades is going back to a 4 blade as more research work needs to be done. The RACES are on & in the ready state.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Stead Tour

Thank you for the update
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
      I was out to Stead yesterday(9/1/18). The Gen. Admission stands are up. Sani-Huts in place. Blue barrels being filled with water & being placed in the pits. All quiet in the "Bear Cave" except for a T33 being worked on. T6 "Gotcha" being worked on in another hanger. T6 #69 "Eros" on ramp with canopy cover on. NAG trailer in pits in-place with others being moved around. Outside dirt lots being mowed & entrance buildings in place. Down by the Thunder Mustangs 2 are being worked on in the hanger. I understand the one with the 5 blades is going back to a 4 blade as more research work needs to be done. The RACES are on & in the ready state.
      Thanks for the update, sucks about the Thunder, definitely one of the racers I was most looking forward to seeing (and hearing).

Dave when are you heading up?
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I am planning on arriving Friday morning
        Dave

Comment

Today; a few bipes in the hangar. A few T6s on the ramp. Several jets down by The Cave. And one...wait for it...Yak in the box! It looks to have made the trip in fine fashion. The crew was excited to see that it rode so well. Go Full Noise!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-05-2018, 07:45 PM.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
            Today; a few bipes in the hangar. A few T6s on the ramp. Several jets down by The Cave. And one...wait for it...Yak in the box! It looks to have made the trip in fine fashion. The crew was excited to see that it rode so well. Go Full Noise!
            Thanks for the pics! Did you happen to see Sport 0 around? Twin turbo legacy..? Haven’t seen pics of it at stead but it should be there.

And Race5, there’s your answer
            Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-05-2018, 08:15 PM.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Did not see it. I didn’t have much time out there though.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                Thanks for the pics! Did you happen to see Sport 0 around? Twin turbo legacy..? Haven’t seen pics of it at stead but it should be there.

And Race5, there’s your answer
                According to my information Sport race number 0 is a standard Lancair Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                  "Yak in the box". ROFLMAO! Graeme Frew has to get the dedication award.
                  Last edited by Reever; 09-06-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks is funny.

And there is something on the Internet on Yak In The Box

Click image for larger version

Name:	YakInTheBox.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	228958

Comment

That is funny.

And there is something on the Internet on Yak In The Box

Click image for larger version

Name:	YakInTheBox.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	228959
                      Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-06-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X