Most Recent Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Recent Schedule

I could be wrong but I don’t think they can race 15 Unlimiteds without adding a bronze heat on Thursday? They could but if the silver winner on Sunday wants to bump the field would be 10 planes and that doesn’t work...

Besides that B-52 on Thursday. U-2 Friday and HonaJet throughout the weekend
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Most Recent Schedule

If the planes are seeded 1-15 it might work something like this ...?

Thursday 1B: 6-13
    Friday 2B: 7-14
    Friday 1A: 1-6
    Saturday 3B: 8-15
    Saturday 2A: 1-7
    Sunday Silver: 9-15
    Sunday Gold: 1-8 (plus 1 more if silver winner bumps)

The only drawback to this arrangement is that the slowest qualifying plane wouldn't race till Saturday unless they allowed 9 planes in Heat 2B on Friday.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrs3590 View Post
      If the planes are seeded 1-15 it might work something like this ...?

Thursday 1B: 6-13
      Friday 2B: 7-14
      Saturday 3B: 8-15
      Sunday Silver: 9-15
      Sunday Gold: 1-8 (plus 1 more if silver winner bumps)

The only drawback to this arrangement is that the slowest qualifying plane wouldn't race till Saturday unless they allowed 9 planes in Heat 2B on Friday.
      I don't think Unlimiteds have ever not had the last place qualifier/s in the first race of the weekend. I know sport class did something weird like that last year, but I'm pretty sure Unlimited always has the slowest 6-9 race in the bronze or silver on Thursday. That being said I thought it would be...

Thursday 1B: 7-15 (winner goes to 1A)
      Friday 2B: 8-15 (winner goes to 2A)
      Friday 1A: 1-7
      Saturday 3B: 9-15 (winner goes to gold)
      Saturday 2A: 1-8
      Sunday Silver: 10-15 (winner should be able to bump)
      Sunday Gold: 1-9, but now the winner of silver can't bump...

BUT if there's a bronze on Thursday...

Thursday 1C: 12-15 (everyone goes into 2B)
      Thursday 1B: 6-11 (winner goes into 1A)
      Friday 2B: 7-15 (winner goes into 2A)
      Saturday 3B: 8-15 (winner goes into Gold)
      Sunday Silver: 9-15 (winner can now bump into silver)
      Sunday Gold: 1-8, 8 planes + 1 from the bump if they choose to...

15 planes is an awkward number for only silver and gold, the problem is the 9 plane maximum in a race
      Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-25-2018, 01:22 PM.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        BUT if there's a bronze on Thursday...

Thursday 1C: 12-15 (everyone goes into 2B)
        Thursday 1B: 6-11 (winner goes into 1A)
        Friday 2B: 7-15 (winner goes into 2A)
        Saturday 3B: 8-15 (winner goes into Gold)
        Sunday Silver: 9-15 (winner can now bump into silver)
        Sunday Gold: 1-8, 8 planes + 1 from the bump if they choose to...

I agree, a second unlimited race on Thursday makes the most sense, and I like your second breakdown. It could simply be that they are short on time and have decided that they can only get 1 Unlimited race in on Thursday so they can run more lower level heats for the other classes that day?

It's also worth noting that there hasn't been 8 planes in the gold race since 2014 ... RARA might already have a pretty good idea which 7-8 planes will be in the gold race and which 7-8 will be in the silver race. There may not be many or any planes "bumping" up to the next level but simply the same two groups of planes racing each other all weekend.
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrs3590 View Post
          I agree, a second unlimited race on Thursday makes the most sense, and I like your second breakdown. It could simply be that they are short on time and have decided that they can only get 1 Unlimited race in on Thursday so they can run more lower level heats for the other classes that day?

It's also worth noting that there hasn't been 8 planes in the gold race since 2014 ... RARA might already have a pretty good idea which 7-8 planes will be in the gold race and which 7-8 will be in the silver race. There may not be many or any planes "bumping" up to the next level but simply the same two groups of planes racing each other all weekend.
          That's true, it could work out to be (similar to how the sport class works I believe) that if you're in Silver but run faster than someone in Gold, you take their spot the next day... And realistically with the line up this year, I doubt RARA knows who is gonna be in the Gold. Dreadnought, Miss America, Sawbones... probably Goldfinger, but then below that Argonaut, 924, Eagle's Wings, Crusader, and Full Noise could all be faster or slower than one another... and that's 9 planes right there.

Hey AirJudge you got any insight??
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            That's true, it could work out to be (similar to how the sport class works I believe) that if you're in Silver but run faster than someone in Gold, you take their spot the next day... And realistically with the line up this year, I doubt RARA knows who is gonna be in the Gold. Dreadnought, Miss America, Sawbones... probably Goldfinger, but then below that Argonaut, 924, Eagle's Wings, Crusader, and Full Noise could all be faster or slower than one another... and that's 9 planes right there.

Hey AirJudge you got any insight??
            I've been heads down with two shows in last three weeks and getting up to speed on all things Reno. Main focus lately has been on the performer side of the house but as I understand it at this time, we're going Silver and Gold and should look similar to you breakdown below.

Time is obviously a huge factor...never enough of it. Not much room for error without having to scrub an event or act, which is of course the last resort. A slide here and there is manageable in real time.
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
              I've been heads down with two shows in last three weeks and getting up to speed on all things Reno. Main focus lately has been on the performer side of the house but as I understand it at this time, we're going Silver and Gold and should look similar to you breakdown below.

Time is obviously a huge factor...never enough of it. Not much room for error without having to scrub an event or act, which is of course the last resort. A slide here and there is manageable in real time.
              Interesting, curious to see how it works out. It realistically could work out perfectly if my projections for speed are close enough. The top 9 (Gold) cut-off would be at Full Noise/Crusader/Eagle's Wings, and the bottom 6 (Silver) would all be stock Mustangs and the Kingcobra. That would make for some awesome racing on Sunday and I imagine the winner of Sunday Silver would probably want the title of first place Silver over last place Gold anyway... Assuming that will be one of the stocker Stangs
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
              X