Stead Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead Tour

I was out @ Stead yesterday with the following goings on. All quiet in the "Bear" Cave. No general admission stands up but a line of semi-truck trailers lined up behind the reserved seating. Fi being worked on in one hanger. T6 " Gotcha" off the ramp. Down by the Thunder Mustang hanger they had the 5 bladed one being run up at full power with the tail tied to the rear fencing. It sure sounded powerfull. One said they wished John Parker was there. In case of emergency the prop can be fully feathered. One of them called it the "million" dollar prop.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Stead Tour

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    I was out @ Stead yesterday with the following goings on. All quiet in the "Bear" Cave. No general admission stands up but a line of semi-truck trailers lined up behind the reserved seating. Fi being worked on in one hanger. T6 " Gotcha" off the ramp. Down by the Thunder Mustang hanger they had the 5 bladed one being run up at full power with the tail tied to the rear fencing. It sure sounded powerfull. One said they wished John Parker was there. In case of emergency the prop can be fully feathered. One of them called it the "million" dollar prop.
    Oooooh can't wait to hear the 5 blade. The full feathering is awesome! Everyone of us will be missing John, I hope the Thunders put up a good show in his honor. I read that the runway should be about ready for paint this week..? The grooves and such should all be finished up as of last Friday.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: Stead Tour

RE: RWY 08/26 construction: Yessir. Paint and lights due next week. Signage is slated for after race week. By all accounts, a top-shelf job done in a fairly restrictive timeline. Expected to open on 04Sep for races then close after race week in order to complete all remaining punch-list items.

Kuddos to everyone involved. Well done...
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
      X