Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John T. Sessions Article

From yesterday's Creston Valley Advance

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-13-2018, 12:57 PM.

Re: John T. Sessions Article

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    From yesterday's Creston Valley Advance

https://www.crestonvalleyadvance.ca/...airshow-crash/
    Just awful, never seen John fly but he is a huge part of the warbird community. Prayers prayers prayers...
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Most accounts indicate John will require some rather comprehensive rehabilitation. I've worked with John and known him for several years. He's a remarkable man in many ways. My best wishes to him and the pax...may we see John gracing the skies again soon.
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

I had the opportunity to fly right seat in the HFF's DC-3 a few years ago, with John in the left. I will always be appreciative for him extending me that opportunity, and I wish him a healthy recovery.

Comment

Some information from the Historic Flight Foundation Facebook page:
          This post is overdue.

As many followers of HFF know, I was the pilot of a beautifully restored DH 89 Dragon Rapide that crashed shortly after takeoff last Saturday at Abbotsford. The best news is the passengers are home and will be whole again. I was critically injured and required two surgeries, but less than four days later, the doctors at Royal Columbian (BC's trauma hospital) sent me home. From my present perch, I have resumed general ruckus-making via e-mail.

Regarding flying commitments and events for the remainder of the season, HFF will finish strong where it can and modify or substitute where necessary. The web site and Facebook will be the best sources of information. Looking longer term, we will spend the fall and winter presenting some of the best aviation programs available, constructing a second facility at Spokane's Felts Field, and preparing to pathfind in 2019, the 75th anniversary of D-Day and the 70th anniversary of the Berlin Airlift.

I will focus on healing and a love/hate relationship with a physical therapist. The rules allow me to fly again after I demonstrate pilot skills with a prosthetic lower left leg. Pistorius gave blade runners a bad name. I'm motivated to turn that around.

When you need a good read, pick up one of the biographies of WWII RAF ace Douglas Bader.

Thank you for many expressions of concern. HFF attracts a lovely group. I will see some of you this Saturday at Challenge Air.

John
          remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Working...
          X