Stead Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead Visit

I went out to Stead today for a look around but not much going on except smoke & hot. No movement in the Bear Cave. People still working on a couple of Thunder Mustangs in their hanger & an T6 "Gotcha" on the ramp with the canopy covered but no activity. They(The Weather Folks) say we may have smoke/haze into Sept. Some days are worse than others depending on the wind. It looks like the runway work is moving right along. General aviation has been using #32. Fire planes are all gone for now.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Stead Visit

Thanks Bob. I was going to make a trip over there today to see whats happening.

You saved me a trip.

Are the general admin bleachers going up yet?

Comment

No General Admission seats going up yet. An Auto Club was running their cars on a timed road type course.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Construction Progress from Last Week... How long does grooving take? Sounds like they're starting to wrap it up

Runway 8-26 Construction Update
        August 1, 2018 by Mike S. · Leave a Comment
        We just met an exciting informal milestone. Paving of RWY 8/26 and the associated Taxiway sections is complete. On Monday night, most of the paving was finished and yesterday there were just a couple of touch-up areas.

As the paving finished up at the west end, electrical work and sawcutting/grooving has chased it from the east. The electrical is mostly in the ground from the east end to TWY A2/C, while the sawcutting is almost to TWY A3. The saw cuts still need to have the backer bar and sealing applied, but that is happening, too. On Monday night, we will begin some night work to start doing the grooving that provides directional control when the runway is wet/slick.

TODAY: The contractor will be doing the “profile-o-graph” of the runway surface to check smoothness and find out if there are any minor imperfections that need to be fixed. This will be done by running down the full-length of the runway 16 times, including crossing thru the 14/32 intersection. It’ll be kind of like mowing the grass, but using much different tech running back and forth. Staff will be out to make sure the runway crossing are safe later today and tomorrow, if needed.

NEXT WEEK. There will be some surface traffic restrictions next week to facilitate the grooving in the Runway intersection and the TWY B/RWY 8/26 intersection. I will send you a separate tenant bulletin when we have the details finalized. Expect this next Tenant Bulletin within 24 hours.

v/r

Mike Scott
        Reno-Stead Airport (RTS)
        Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
        X