Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2018 random images

Default Re: Oshkosh 2018 random images

A few cool but probably not publishable shots.

Will

VX-23 Salty Dogs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3307 F-18 and fireworks.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	758.7 KB 
ID:	23498  

We did not have a car for the Wednesday night show and would be walking back to our base of operations. When they cancelled the show, we decided to heed the warning and start walking. We saw the B-1 from the North 40; fantastic! We got back to base right when it started to really pour. Had we waited the extra 10 minutes, it would have resulted in 10 minutes of walking in poring rain. It all worked out, but I really wanted to see that takeoff up close.

Separately, I really like the Skyraider(s) shot. And, you guys and your long exposure night shots have me thinking about next year.

Look! No military hardware... I think I shot far more civilian stuff than anything else. So many nice Stinsons, Staggerwings, Howards, Travel Aires, Swifts ect.

Will

For those who are interested, linked below is my Oshkosh 2018 gallery. The images are best when viewed as "original."

http://www.pbase.com/wjpearce/oshkosh_2018

Wow, nice work. Done already? I bet I've got 2000 pics I haven't even seen yet. hahaha. (No I'm not a spray and pray shooter either.) At the rate I'm going, I'm not going to even see Reno stuff till Christmas.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Wow, nice work. Done already? I bet I've got 2000 pics I haven't even seen yet. hahaha. (No I'm not a spray and pray shooter either.) At the rate I'm going, I'm not going to even see Reno stuff till Christmas.

Will
    Will,

Back in the old school days 4000 photos would have been 111 rolls of 36 slide film LOL.

You would have spent days in the darkroom.

And, you really did not know what you had until they were exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Will,

Back in the old school days 4000 photos would have been 111 rolls of 36 slide film LOL.

You would have spent days in the darkroom.

And, you really did not know what you had until they were exposed.

Hahaha, I'm still spending days in the digital dark room, and I still really don't know what I have till I look at it zoomed in. (I've tossed so much stuff that looks great zoomed out, but when pixel peeping, things are blurred, its not funny. It really kills me to toss the stuff with just a hint of motion blur. Some of them I salvage as pics like my Skyraider shot above and simply make it look like it was shot on film back in the day.) As much as some things have changed, some stay the same.

Will

Ok, who can find the error/anomaly in this pic? I removed something that detracted from the image, and I'm not sure I did a good enough job. Its subtle, but if you can't find it, I'll move the pic from the cool but unpublishable file to the good stuff folder.

Will

I'm not sure if this is publishable or not. I'm thinking no, because there just isn't enough detail in Doc, but perhaps? What do you guys think?

Another interesting shot that I'm not sure if it makes the cut.

Will