Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Goldfinger be a competitor?

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    No this is amazing! We honestly saw nothing outside of the wingtips and the videographer did that on purpose. There’s plastic wrapping all over the rest of the plane and we didn’t get a glimpse at anything besides the fact that the stock canopy is still on as of now. Cloud Dancers canopy could be on the other side of the plane for all we know
    I can see it already, everybody following the arrival on flight tracker apps and lining up next to the ramp waiting for the golden girls arrival. Reminds following Precious Metal's journey to Reno after the new canopy and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      I can see it already, everybody following the arrival on flight tracker apps and lining up next to the ramp waiting for the golden girls arrival. Reminds following Precious Metal's journey to Reno after the new canopy and paint.

Gonna be a fun year!!! Hoping a bare metal Fury heads up with the Sanders' boys.... TBD
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
        Either way, its been a while since we had some intrigue and excitement building up to the air races.
        Actually last year we had Voodoo's speed record attempt.

This is cool to see. Since I've come into this recently I thought I had "missed out" on seeing planes clipping wings and stuff because all those mods had already been done. Cool to be around this go around.

Not to get too off topic, but stuff like this is what the unlimiteds and Reno as whole needs to thrive. Because Reno is different from your average racing league. It's less of a business (like Redbull) designed to thrill fans and keep the racing as close as possible, as it is like a track day. Pilots to get together and race for the fun of it. And for such a broad class like the unlimiteds, if you don't have teams self-motivating themselves to do new things to win (just for the glory/fun of it) then you will get "boring" races like in 2016 where Voodoo beats Czech mate by huge margin. Now regardless of how fast MissA and Goldfinger are relative to Dreadnought, we should still at minimum have a good race for second.
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
          Actually last year we had Voodoo's speed record attempt.

This is cool to see. Since I've come into this recently I thought I had "missed out" on seeing planes clipping wings and stuff because all those mods had already been done. Cool to be around this go around.

Not to get too off topic, but stuff like this is what the unlimiteds and Reno as whole needs to thrive. Because Reno is different from your average racing league. It's less of a business (like Redbull) designed to thrill fans and keep the racing as close as possible, as it is like a track day. Pilots to get together and race for the fun of it. And for such a broad class like the unlimiteds, if you don't have teams self-motivating themselves to do new things to win (just for the glory/fun of it) then you will get "boring" races like in 2016 where Voodoo beats Czech mate by huge margin. Now regardless of how fast MissA and Goldfinger are relative to Dreadnought, we should still at minimum have a good race for second.
          Dreadnought is gonna get smoked by Miss America, potentially Goldfinger too
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

MissA has never beat Dreadnought though?

I know there is talk about the new cooling system, but from what I've been following, we have no data on what it will actually do.
            "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
              MissA has never beat Dreadnought though?

I know there is talk about the new cooling system, but from what I've been following, we have no data on what it will actually do.
              I think the potential gain from the new cooling system is being looked over. In the RR3 build they noted that it was near impossible for a Mustang to race over 450 without modifications to the scoop/doghouse and the way it's cooled. If the modifications are anywhere near the extent that RR3's were then it's crucial. Miss A isn't missing much in comparison to RR3 (besides a near perfect Sparrow Merlin) if the cooling system is improved. Miss A at power sounds a lot closer to the Super Stangs than it does to Speedball Alice, if they bring another race engine and the cooling system proves to be efficient then Miss A will top Dreadnought. Same goes for Goldfinger, just don't know the extent of the cooling system and engine.

Also important to note how capable Joel is actually "racing". Can he fly a good line if Miss A and Goldfinger are around him? Doc and Mike have plenty of experience with close competition... Of course not taking anything away from Joel, he looks to be a great pilot! When it comes to Reno, a lot comes from different scenarios and seeing how a pilot deals with them. Joel has been able to fly Dreadnought without anyone close in speed....
              Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-10-2018, 11:52 AM.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Dreadnought is gonna get smoked by Miss America, potentially Goldfinger too
                Doubtful. Miss A has never shown the speed to do it. Even with whatever cooling mods they did, it's a really big jump in speed to get close to Dread. I think we will see Dread win with potentially a good fight for second assuming the other two still have healthy Merlins going into Sunday.
                Last edited by Race5; 08-10-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Dreadnought uses enough power to guarantee a third place finish against the "Super Stangs". Be interesting to see if the Sanders see this as an opportunity and run a little harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                    Dreadnought uses enough power to guarantee a third place finish against the "Super Stangs". Be interesting to see if the Sanders see this as an opportunity and run a little harder.
                    They would have to put another big tail on it to push much harder.

Comment

Stock-esque?

Scroll down for video...

Airmotive Specialties Inc, Salinas, California. 5,327 likes · 88 were here. Aircraft maintenance, restoration and rebuilding. Sheet metal fabrication, metal forming,
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Stock-esque?

Scroll down for video...

https://www.facebook.com/AirmotiveSp...IQpu2k&fref=nf
                        Stock canopy, stock scoop, probably stock tail geometry. Nothing "racy" besides the wing clip and whatever they might have under the hood.

Comment

You can see the wingtip in the background of these two picture's. It looks stock to me.

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                            You can see the wingtip in the background of these two picture's. It looks stock to me.

Those are not the tips that are on it now. Must be older pics.

Comment

They’re clipped on the line just right of the woman’s face in the second picture.
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X