Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T...a little bit of English, a little bit of Spanish, a little bit of German flavor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T...a little bit of English, a little bit of Spanish, a little bit of German flavor

So for me, the highlight of this last weekend's Flying Legends show at Duxford was the appearance of four HA-1112 "Spanglish" Buchons. All four airframes were used as the bad guys in the 1968 "Battle of Britain" movie--which was filmed at Duxford. Three of the four were resplendent in the exact markings they wore in the movie.

They attacked the field (from the same direction) that was seen at the beginning of the movie.

After the first two passes, three Spitfires launched from the grass runway to go tangle with them.

The dogfights split into two sections and tangled as the dramatic soundtrack from the conclusion of the movie played over the p.a. system.

In the end, one Buchon was 'shot down', the other two chased back across the channel...and the Spits did glorious victory rolls over the field.

I have to say it was pretty eff'n cool to see.

"JERRIES, TEN O'CLOCK!!!!"
    Attached Files

Re: O/T...a little bit of English, a little bit of Spanish, a little bit of German fl

Thanks for the picture and the story. Duxford is a bucket list item for me. Can't wait to see it for myself.

Comment

Re: O/T...a little bit of English, a little bit of Spanish, a little bit of German fl

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
      Thanks for the picture and the story. Duxford is a bucket list item for me. Can't wait to see it for myself.
      Yes sir, great shot. x 2 on Duxford being on my bucket list.

Comment

....and the 'good guys' rise to the threat.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! GET ONE UP!!!"
        Attached Files

Comment

great pics... i do love how the red nose is also the genuine 2 seater, there are accounts from the production dairies of the movie that Luftwaffe ace & German consultant, Gen Adolf Galland took English consultant, fighter ace Robert Standford Tuck for a ride in the 2 seat Buchon during filming.
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
            great pics... i do love how the red nose is also the genuine 2 seater, there are accounts from the production dairies of the movie that Luftwaffe ace & German consultant, Gen Adolf Galland took English consultant, fighter ace Robert Standford Tuck for a ride in the 2 seat Buchon during filming.
            The two-seater is for sale....and with the sale comes the two-place 'bubble' canopy that they used when it was in the Spanish AF. The folks who did the restoration said they felt it was a bit too flimsly for their tastes, but that it is easily changed out if the new owner so desires.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              The two-seater is for sale....and with the sale comes the two-place 'bubble' canopy that they used when it was in the Spanish AF. The folks who did the restoration said they felt it was a bit too flimsly for their tastes, but that it is easily changed out if the new owner so desires.
              It does look rather homely, however....
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X