Entries Now Officially Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entries Now Officially Up

I got a glimpse at them yesterday, but they are live on reports site now. Spread the news! Each class looks incredible, besides Unlimited.... Oh well, next year!!!

The Unlimited list is sadly missing some hopefuls, the Thibodeau Fury and Crusader, CAF's birds I thought they had worked out, and Craig Hutain doesn't have a ride
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 07-15-2018, 02:54 PM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Entries Now Officially Up

I'm seeing no CAF or POF birds. The new Sea Fury seems to be MIA as well. Perhaps we'll get some late adds?

My prediction, Miss A, Dreadnought, Sawbones, Argo, 924, Full Noise, with Goldfinger being a wildcard. If it shows up as a Super Stock stang, its a toss up for the win, if stock, I'm guessing its behind Full Noise.

It would be a good year for Rod to pull RB out and run it. Likely an easy win. They put it away with a healthy engine, hopefully they parked it in healthy condition and have at least pulled it through regularly.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      I'm seeing no CAF or POF birds. The new Sea Fury seems to be MIA as well. Perhaps we'll get some late adds?

My prediction, Miss A, Dreadnought, Sawbones, Argo, 924, Full Noise, with Goldfinger being a wildcard. If it shows up as a Super Stock stang, its a toss up for the win, if stock, I'm guessing its behind Full Noise.

It would be a good year for Rod to pull RB out and run it. Likely an easy win. They put it away with a healthy engine, hopefully they parked it in healthy condition and have at least pulled it through regularly.

Will
      It seems like POF probably pulled the plug once Steven did, wish Maloney had something to fly, he flies stock planes very well around the pylons. I guess the rumors of CAF not letting them race might be true... And Craig Hutain got certified, but he only flies CAF birds so he probably doesn't have a ride because of that either. I reached out to Joe to see what the deal is, I was almost 100% convinced that they would bring Crusader and the Fury.

Not sure how Goldie will be dressed up yet. Last I saw was her annual at Airmotive a couple weeks ago. Maybe they will tear a few feet off the wings but I'm also with you on that top 3. I want Miss A to win.

Finally, yes there are A LOT of planes that could show up and win this year. Spirit of Texas, Miss Merced could perform pretty well, I miss Dusty in Lylia, he would make Gold, Boise Bee and the Warhawks, I was dreaming Bernie would show up in one of Scott Glover's birds or the ex-CAF Sea Fury he's been flying, I wish Olivier Langeard would bring that Yak that was supposed to race until the other one crashed 2 years ago, I wish TFL (or the Dakota Territory Air Museum) would have Warren parade around one of their birds, I wish Strega would show with a stock engine, Czech Mate... Realistically the field could be next to full without ANY serious gold contenders on the ramp. And that would be fine with me.

There are so many stockers and super stockers with race-certified pilots that just don't have the incentive to come. Very sad really. I do have hopes that this isn't the final list for ONE reason. T-6 Big Red announced they would be racing this year, they showed up to PRS, they have their papers submitted and everything, and yet they aren't on the initial list. I reached out to the team and they said they would be added on later. Really hope that's the case for Unlimiteds. Speedball was added late to the Unlimiteds last year, and NACA 127 was added to 2016's list even though it didn't end up racing.
      Last edited by GRNDP51; 07-15-2018, 04:15 PM.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Looks like an easy win for Dreadnought this year

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          It seems like POF probably pulled the plug once Steven did, wish Maloney had something to fly, he flies stock planes very well around the pylons. I guess the rumors of CAF not letting them race might be true... And Craig Hutain got certified, but he only flies CAF birds so he probably doesn't have a ride because of that either. I reached out to Joe to see what the deal is, I was almost 100% convinced that they would bring Crusader and the Fury.

Not sure how Goldie will be dressed up yet. Last I saw was her annual at Airmotive a couple weeks ago. Maybe they will tear a few feet off the wings but I'm also with you on that top 3. I want Miss A to win.

Finally, yes there are A LOT of planes that could show up and win this year. Spirit of Texas, Miss Merced could perform pretty well, I miss Dusty in Lylia, he would make Gold, Boise Bee and the Warhawks, I was dreaming Bernie would show up in one of Scott Glover's birds or the ex-CAF Sea Fury he's been flying, I wish Olivier Langeard would bring that Yak that was supposed to race until the other one crashed 2 years ago, I wish TFL (or the Dakota Territory Air Museum) would have Warren parade around one of their birds, I wish Strega would show with a stock engine, Czech Mate... Realistically the field could be next to full without ANY serious gold contenders on the ramp. And that would be fine with me.

There are so many stockers and super stockers with race-certified pilots that just don't have the incentive to come. Very sad really. I do have hopes that this isn't the final list for ONE reason. T-6 Big Red announced they would be racing this year, they showed up to PRS, they have their papers submitted and everything, and yet they aren't on the initial list. I reached out to the team and they said they would be added on later. Really hope that's the case for Unlimiteds. Speedball was added late to the Unlimiteds last year, and NACA 127 was added to 2016's list even though it didn't end up racing.
          We will see who shows up in September.

Dusty is looking to be back next year. I spoke with him yesterday. Sounds like he is excited to get some work done on Lylia this winter.

Will

Comment

RARA now has late entry in September to help accommodate the museum/other late entries, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
              RARA now has late entry in September to help accommodate the museum/other late entries, right?
              yes it has, it has for many years

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                Looks like an easy win for Dreadnought this year
                Last I heard the Sanders were not going to make it. I sure am glad to see that wasn't true. RUMORS.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  I thought there was just “late PRS”? So you send in the paperwork by June 15th but you’re allowed to qualify to race the week before? I don’t know if “late entries” are really a thing?
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

My guy that updates the reports site took the information down until RARA “officially” announces it themselves in August. Could be for the better, obviously a lot of people are upset about the lack of Unlimiteds and if that isn’t the final list it makes sense RARA doesn’t want it floating around. Fingers crossed for the next month
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Someone at PRS spoke with Fred and he said there will be an 18 plane field at minimum. I think this all just happened too early
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        Someone at PRS spoke with Fred and he said there will be an 18 plane field at minimum. I think this all just happened too early
                        I'm sure it's wishful thinking but Rod still has Reno on the website and cancelled early last year when it said the same. Since the bear isn't prepped maybe one of his tigercats..?

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
                          I'm sure it's wishful thinking but Rod still has Reno on the website and cancelled early last year when it said the same. Since the bear isn't prepped maybe one of his tigercats..?
                          I think they are bringing something for the NAHI display.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                            I think they are bringing something for the NAHI display.
                            Based on the lack of interest to race his planes, your probably right. Might be the A-20..

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
                              Based on the lack of interest to race his planes, your probably right. Might be the A-20..
                              Via Facebook they’re not taking anything to OSH or Reno.
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X