• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially Up For Sale... Again?...

So cheap!!! Someone buy her and race plz
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Officially Up For Sale... Again?...

Might be worth the asking price if it had a running engine.

Comment

Hey Mike Brown, the GoldFury racing team sounds pretty cool
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        http://www.platinumfighters.com/race232

So cheap!!! Someone buy her and race plz
        Hopefully finds a good home. Maybe the bear will follow?.....

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
          Maybe the bear will follow?.....
          I had the same thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            I had the same thought.
            Really sad to see for sure...To me, it really seemed like Rod had the interest to support air racing and that has come and gone. I just hope we will one day see both of them again racing even thought the odds seem slim. Reality is it is crazy money and the pool is limited on that kind of disposable income-

Comment

Really sad to see for sure...To me, it really seemed like Rod had the interest to support air racing and that has come and gone. I just hope we will one day see both of them again racing even thought the odds seem slim. Reality is it is crazy money and the pool is limited on that kind of disposable income-
              There's "disposable income" and there's passion. 232 and Bear need the latter. Precious Metal got the latter and she's been treated tremendously. Money helps, but passion goes further. It's definitely what has kept Strega and Voodoo on the course for this long.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                There's "disposable income" and there's passion. 232 and Bear need the latter. Precious Metal got the latter and she's been treated tremendously. Money helps, but passion goes further. It's definitely what has kept Strega and Voodoo on the course for this long.
                I agree, it takes both and also add in time...Both the Bear and 232 have been tremendous air racers due to those factors. Precious metal has been an amazing team as well and also a positive reflection of the air races. The precious metal team does have a ton of passion (more than anyone I've personally had discussions with) but they are lacking the cubic dollars for the rebuild from what I can tell. It's been a few years since the fire and crowd finding and that did not seem like it really took off. I'm only saying the funds make things happen, without them it is harder and alot takes more time....

Comment

I agree, it takes both and also add in time...Both the Bear and 232 have been tremendous air racers due to those factors. Precious metal has been an amazing team as well and also a positive reflection of the air races. The precious metal team does have a ton of passion (more than anyone I've personally had discussions with) but they are lacking the cubic dollars for the rebuild from what I can tell. It's been a few years since the fire and crowd finding and that did not seem like it really took off. I'm only saying the funds make things happen, without them it is harder and alot takes more time....
                  Absolutely, in the current state of the sport without any real prize money the only way to afford it is with some money to spend. I do think that the ones that have passion do have the ability to find sponsorships to advance their team. Rich guys throwing money at these racers can only go so far, for the team AND the sport

What I’m hoping as many of us all dream of is Brown picking her up. I forget the magazine but there was a very big feature on Goldfinger and her restoration and Mike made it VERY clear he was done with racing. Well here we are now and maybe racing this year will fuel the fire. The new guys in charge of RARA might have some say in making that happen too

And I have no idea why Brown hung up the racing suit but I imagine some of it had to be because of the operation he was running. He was singlehandedly bringing 3 pretty fast planes to Reno and racing 2 of them himself. It would be pretty cool to see him totally focused on fielding 232 like a “normal” gold race plane owner. He had a lot on his plate and I give him plenty of respect for that.
                  Last edited by GRNDP51; 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                  X