Racing Mustang Wheel Choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Mustang Wheel Choice?

I never really noticed this before..: Dago and Ghost and I imagine a few others have stock Mustang wheels correct? Strega and Voodoo have the Queen Air wheels. Are the Queen Air wheels lighter or something obvious? I always assumed that every race Mustang had them but recently saw some pictures of Dago and realized this.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Racing Mustang Wheel Choice?

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    I never really noticed this before..: Dago and Ghost and I imagine a few others have stock Mustang wheels correct? Strega and Voodoo have the Queen Air wheels. Are the Queen Air wheels lighter or something obvious? I always assumed that every race Mustang had them but recently saw some pictures of Dago and realized this.
    The Queen air wheels and brakes are a little lighter. That's not the main reason for their use though. They are significantly cheaper than Mustang parts and the brakes offer better durability.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      The Queen air wheels and brakes are a little lighter. That's not the main reason for their use though. They are significantly cheaper than Mustang parts and the brakes offer better durability.
      Easy enough! Thank you, is there any reason Dago/Ghost didn't use them? Seems incorrect not to
      Last edited by GRNDP51; 07-09-2018, 02:18 PM.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Easy enough! Thank you, is there any reason Dago/Ghost didn't use them? Seems incorrect not to
        All down to owner preference. I'm surprised more stock Mustang owners don't make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          All down to owner preference. I'm surprised more stock Mustang owners don't make the switch.
          Has to be “authenticity”. I think the wheels look awesome on race planes and super stockers, but would look out of place on other more authentic restorations
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
          X