Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dago Red, drag-reduction scan potential?

Default Re: Dago Red, drag-reduction scan potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    Why would he have them? He was not involved with that program, and I seriously doubt the person that was would let go of that data. Especially since he was the one that got screwed over the most.
    Considering its a former team member who ended up with Dago, it would make sense that FT got some of his $ back (yes a very small amount in the grand scheme of things) by selling them to the current owner who may or may not return it to racing at some point. They do FT nothing other than be a painful momento to remember the whole bad deal by. I mean seriously, its like buying a Ferrari 330GTO from someone who defaulted on the loan, having the bank repo it but since the steering wheel was off being refinished you got that back, but the car is now gone. Do you leave the $10K steering wheel hanging on the wall, or do you sell it to the guy who bought the rest of the car from the bank?

Yes, this is pure speculation, but really, what is FT going to do with the scans if he doesn't have the plane anymore?

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Considering its a former team member who ended up with Dago, it would make sense that FT got some of his $ back (yes a very small amount in the grand scheme of things) by selling them to the current owner who may or may not return it to racing at some point. They do FT nothing other than be a painful momento to remember the whole bad deal by. I mean seriously, its like buying a Ferrari 330GTO from someone who defaulted on the loan, having the bank repo it but since the steering wheel was off being refinished you got that back, but the car is now gone. Do you leave the $10K steering wheel hanging on the wall, or do you sell it to the guy who bought the rest of the car from the bank?

Yes, this is pure speculation, but really, what is FT going to do with the scans if he doesn't have the plane anymore?

Will
    To you and Race 5, so Frank paid to have the scans done so it's guaranteed that he would've been the one with them? I was thinking that whoever did the scans would have them, maybe because Frank couldn't pay for them so they just kept the scans and went on their way?...

But if Frank did have them I can see him keeping them. He waited 20+ years to get Dago back maybe he wants to do it again. I think holding onto those scans is the best thing for him to do, why give/sell them to this sketchy Hoffman guy who obviously has show zero interest in the plane's future? What is Frank doing now anyway, if I was the "real" owner of Dago I would be giving the guy some s*** for not doing anything with it the past 8 years. Does he have no interest in getting it back after all that's happened? Like Will said, I think he got some money back somehow and how much could Hoffman really want for parts and pieces of a race Mustang.... Let's be real here. He has a plan for it and if is to put it back to stock that's incredibly stupid and selfish, especially being a former crew-member, it's almost like he has something against it. You can say "it's his plane he can do what he wants with it", but seriously...
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 07-08-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '17

I’m not sure what Dago in Sac means. Unless the owner moved to Sacramento , his place isn’t near there.

Dago Red has been stored in a disassembled state in Sacramento for several years now...regardless of where Eric Hoffman lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Dago Red has been stored in a disassembled state in Sacramento for several years now...regardless of where Eric Hoffman lives.
    I'm not aware of the details, but I am curious, how did a crew member end up as the owner? Or was he a paying crew member (sponsor)? When I was a crew member for the Bearcat most of us would've considered ourselves pretty lucky to have a couple of nickels to rub together. Or maybe it was just me.
    Last edited by knot4u; 07-10-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I'm not aware of the details, but I am curious, how did a crew member end up as the owner? Or was he a paying crew member (sponsor)? When I was a crew member for the Bearcat most of us would've considered ourselves pretty lucky to have a couple of nickels to rub together. Or maybe it was just me.
    I imagine there’s plenty of people who have a lot of money and would enjoy crewing on a race plane but don’t want to own one..., or he didn’t have the money until recently? Plenty of reasons
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '17