X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

Originally posted by Leo View Post
    That's it. It's a lousy scan but all I have digital of it at this point.
    It was fun. If they do it again I'll bite.
    It was a lot of fun. On the flight to Reno they unveiled Voodoo’s paintscheme
    and race number so I unofficially updated mine while waiting for my connecting flight.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	90A2BB46-D12F-4504-9314-383BB0A42C59.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	228729
    "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

I wondered who did that one!
      I figured the talent pool here probably took the top spots. I was actually surprised mine got there. My preference leans toward the portrait side, not action.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I'm envious, all you guys that can draw something so cool with your hands.

Good skill set to have gents. Definitely help contribute to your retirement lemonade funds.

Comment

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            I wondered who did that one!
            I figured the talent pool here probably took the top spots. I was actually surprised mine got there. My preference leans toward the portrait side, not action.
            I actually love your picture Leo, it would've been great to be sold as a sort of "memorabilia" or something else important, maybe the front of the program. Thomas' winning picture is amazing, captures the spirit of 2017 so I do think it's the best fit for the poster, but yours has an awesome old school vibe I wish could've been put into good use somewhere!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              I actually love your picture Leo, it would've been great to be sold as a sort of "memorabilia" or something else important, maybe the front of the program. Thomas' winning picture is amazing, captures the spirit of 2017 so I do think it's the best fit for the poster, but yours has an awesome old school vibe I wish could've been put into good use somewhere!
              Here is 3rd place

Gave IF1 some much-needed love.
              "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post

Nut Tree Mustangs and More 2014. I was there for that.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                  A picture of me sitting in the back of my truck.
                  Point of order (snicker)

Not fair! I think there's pictures of my mug all over the net, at RENO, sometimes at the mercy of a critic or two, I wear a nametag..

I just realized a week or so ago, after returning from a 10 week cross country road trip, I could not recognize one of my condo neighbors whom I see fairly frequently... scary!

Pretty darn sure I know Fence by facial recognition, but darned if I can remember real person association... grrr wuz hoping to snatch a frontal view to freshen worn memory cells! LOL!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

BTW, some astounding photography going on in this thread! Still working on rounding up my archival stuff after destroying my laptop last year, actually, toughest part has been trying to find hardware to access my portable backup drives that did not go swimming in my computer bag. (new laptops lack the PCMCA add on type ports that I need to access my hard drive array)

One of these days... I'm going to start contributing to this thread! My "inside" access didn't start until '97 but I never posted a lot of what I've gotten via that access since that time other in "official" publications, here or elsewhere..

That said, buried in my garage, hopefully, after several moves, are my Hi8 video archives from the 70's-80's, some of which were of complete races (taken from reserved seats, good visibility) IF... the main box with this stuff didn't go by by in a poorly planned move where a bunch of stuff got left behind.. lost forever..grr.. I have yet to have the courage to dig into the boxes to find out!

Anyway, great thread you guys, hope to contribute someday, PLEASE keep up the good work! What you guys do here with the photos and videos, links to other interesting places, the lot of it, is BRING IN NEW INTEREST! Puttin butts in seats, puts dollar signs in front of sponsors eyes and solid dollars in our racers pockets! Keep stirring the pot!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have had my head in the sand on recovering my computer, so far, I mostly have what lives on the remote server.. in the process of backing up/downloading copies from that server, found this one

Name:	0813-128.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	228730

I'll never forget Jimmy Leeward walking up to me, my first time at Oshkosh, pokes me in the chest and says "I want you in the back seat of the pace plane tomorrow"...

Heart skipped a few beats! Long story short, it was pretty low ceiling, light sucked... but... it was my first time canopy open air to air and... Jimmy made it happen.....
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                        A picture of me sitting in the back of my truck.
                        Sweet! Looks like my son on the toolbox of the Depot truck lower left. Oh, and Sept Pops in the VOS.
                        "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
                          Sweet! Looks like my son on the toolbox of the Depot truck lower left. Oh, and Sept Pops in the VOS.
                          Exactly right.
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Passing tech.

Name:	HWR_2684.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	228737

Comment

As Wayne said, a big thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. There has been some really cool stuff shared here.

It's been a lot of fun waiting to see what gets posted next :-)

Keep em coming.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-15-2018, 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                                Great perch, perfect sun angle and a bright subject - VOS.

I should mention who took that pic. I’m not 100% sure. It was either Florian or Olivier. I think it was Olivier. Florian, are you out there?
                                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X