Thread: Random Shot Of The The Day

  1. #391

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Nice man hanger (cave).

    Lets see, should I hop in the convertible for a putt, or go play in the mustang?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03400.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	23979

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Nice man hanger (cave).

    Lets see, should I hop in the convertible for a putt, or go play in the mustang?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03400.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	23979
    Decisions...decisions. What's a fella to do?!

    Speaking of tails, recognize the close up here? Taken just north of Home Pylon. Loudest (and hottest!) pass I've ever experienced. As for the other one...well, those guys not doubt had more than their fair share of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0549.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	23982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lez-Zeppelin-y-su-avion.jpeg 
Views:	263 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	23983  
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,490

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Hey Owen, looks like the image posting issue is solved????
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Hey Owen, looks like the image posting issue is solved????
    Well, perhaps. Sent you an email. The F22 image is just over 1Mb, the Led Zep image is well under. Last error message I got earlier today (sent you a screen shot) was about 4Mb. Haven't been posting many images recently except for those on this thread so it's very likely "Operator Error!"
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  5. #395

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    Decisions...decisions. What's a fella to do?!

    Speaking of tails, recognize the close up here? Taken just north of Home Pylon. Loudest (and hottest!) pass I've ever experienced. As for the other one...well, those guys not doubt had more than their fair share of it!
    Did you sprain your neck panning that fast :-)

    Good photo capture. The memory will last forever.

    I still remember camping in my travel trailer in Red Rock lined up with the end of the runway, the Blue Angles where in town, one morning one of them took off and stayed low until he was over us and rotated to full climb and dusted us.

    The memories go on forever, thanks RARA.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Did you sprain your neck panning that fast :-)

    Good photo capture. The memory will last forever.

    I still remember camping in my travel trailer in Red Rock lined up with the end of the runway, the Blue Angles where in town, one morning one of them took off and stayed low until he was over us and rotated to full climb and dusted us.

    The memories go on forever, thanks RARA.
    Great story about the Blues. You've obviously remembered that one! Hangin' at the business end of the runway can be very exciting!

    Back when we had to evacuate Home Pylon for the military performers we'd hang out near the Breitling chalet out on TWY C. This was head on pass from the north at 500' (yeah, right!). As he approached I was saying, "Oh man, this is gonna be great!" As he got closer and closer I started saying, "Oh man...this is gonna hurt!" I held the shutter down, pointed the camera where I thought he'd be, panned like crazy, all while I had ducked my head between my...well, I ducked. He pulled into the vertical right above us. Grown men scattered and screamed like little girls. Oh yeah...cool!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  7. #397

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Theres a lot of big and small details that have to get done to bring us the Reno Air Races.

    This guy has one of the bigger details to do


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWR_2616.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	23984

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,490

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    Well, perhaps. Sent you an email. The F22 image is just over 1Mb, the Led Zep image is well under. Last error message I got earlier today (sent you a screen shot) was about 4Mb. Haven't been posting many images recently except for those on this thread so it's very likely "Operator Error!"
    Oh Ok, now I know what it is. (without looking at the error message) The board software has an automatic resize/sharpen feature that sizes the images to what the server and the site can best handle, it has a top limit for what it can actually process. If you have any version of photoshop or its cheaper siblings, you can "save for web" which usually brings the size, both file size and overall image size... usually just getting the file size down works I think.. It might have a limit on dimensions as well but for sure, there are limits.. 4mb would be over I'm sure..

    Hope we're getting closer to figuring out for sure what it is.. I'll look for the screen of the error message...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  9. #399

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    T6 Pit Row Action.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWR_7511.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	23985

  10. #400

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

    One of these would be great when you have that impatient guy tailgating you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWR_5598.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	23987

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •