X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    Strega tugging back to the victorious pit and dawn patrol launch over the Thunderbirds.
    What a treat for them to be on the wing for the Victory tow and be part of the celebration.

Memories that will last a lifetime.

The sun through canopy shot is nice.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 01-09-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

One more to go then it's beer thirty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HWR_4913.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	229302
      Last edited by Desertdawg; 01-09-2019, 03:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
        What a treat to be on the wing for the Victory tow and be part of the celebration.

Memories that will last a lifetime.

The sun through canopy shot is nice.

Thanks for sharing.
        Glad to help you relive it, Dawg!

I'm enjoying the Random Shot thread...forces me to go back thru the archives. Always fun...
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Glad to help you relive it, Dawg!

I'm enjoying the Random Shot thread...forces me to go back thru the archives. Always fun...
          Yes sir, thats what it is for, everyone has random shots, and surprisingly there is always something interesting in the details.

There have been some good/interesting contributions posted here, and I'm sure it helps uncle "Wayne" with website traffic flow.

Comment

Name:	SpiritofTX_Mosaic.jpg
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	229304

Never tried this before...inserting an image directly into the body of the message. It's a mosiac of Spirit of Texas. Kind of a cool program. Not sure this format will do it justice though...it's more for large formats/posters when viewed both from a distance and close up. If anyone is so inclined, save the image then open it in Photoshop, Affinity Photo or some other post-production S/W and zoom in.
            Last edited by Air Boss; 01-09-2019, 05:26 PM.
            Owen Ashurst

Comment

trying it myself.. does not seem to want to take the full size image as an inline link...

err, I take that back.. hijacked yer photo from above for experimental purposes dawg.. hope ya don't mind
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                trying it myself.. does not seem to want to take the full size image as an inline link...

err, I take that back.. hijacked yer photo from above for experimental purposes dawg.. hope ya don't mind
                No problem young man. So, if full size doesn't impact or slow down anything I will start trying that.

Comment

Growing up as a kid I watched "12 O'clock High".

The B17 was one of my favorite WWII bomber. So when Sentimental Journey came to the Reno Air Races, it was my first chance to see and touch a B17 up close. I still smile when I see this old photo that hangs in my shop.

Name:	Sentimental Journey copy.jpg
Size:	678.1 KB
ID:	229305
                  Last edited by Desertdawg; 01-10-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24089[/ATTACH]

Never tried this before...inserting an image directly into the body of the message. It's a mosiac of Spirit of Texas. Kind of a cool program. Not sure this format will do it justice though...it's more for large formats/posters when viewed both from a distance and close up. If anyone is so inclined, save the image then open it in Photoshop, Affinity Photo or some other post-production S/W and zoom in.
                    I opened it with Photoshop. Interesting process, do you create a folder with all the photos that the program uses to piece this together?

And like you said, viewing it from a distance as a poster then getting closer really is the way.

Comment

I opened it with Photoshop. Interesting process, do you create a folder with all the photos that the program uses to piece this together?

And like you said, viewing it from a distance as a poster then getting closer really is the way.

Here's a link to the S/W I used. There are others. Essentially, yes. You select a folder containing images to be used to build the image, then you select the image that will become the mosiac. You have many, many option as to shape, size and number of "tiles" to used to make up the mosiac and you can select to use the same individual image "tile" rotated 90 or 180, mirrored, flipped, etc. I typically use either 5,000 or 10,000 images to build the mosiac.

Always thought this would be a cool option for the huge canvas posters hung behind the Reserved Grandstands as you enter the airport. From a distance, it looks like an aircraft...as you walk closer you start to see that it's really 10,000 images of aircraft.

If you load the S/W (it's free BTW), have fun! Some turn out really nice...others, not so much!

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
                      Attached Files
                      Owen Ashurst

Comment

That mosaic will either make you have a beer or quit drinking. Very clever & yes that would be cool hanging from the back of the grandstands.
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

No problem young man. So, if full size doesn't impact or slow down anything I will start trying that.

Same limits would apply. what I did was click on the thumbnail, then click on the image that pops up in the php generated display frame, which takes you to the full size image server address, then I inserted an image in the message from the link and it showed up correctly sized as per my page design sizing buried in the site config files (it actually "browsersized" the image, not a permanent change like the software does to the image on upload.. make sense )

For those who don't know what to heck I'm talking about when I say browsersized, it is where the web page specifies a size to display the image that is other than its native resolution, like an 800x600 image would obey the page directive and show the image at whatever size you want.. when the display sizing happens that way, you really don't notice it if it's a minor difference. A big mistake that web designers make (and still do) that used to be a lot more noticeable in the days of slow Internet, because it could cause a really slow loading page..

For example. (boy I'm gettin' deep here) WAAAAAY back in the day, does anyone remember the year the RARA page had a really nice animation of White Lightnin' taxiing out onto the logo, something like that... ?? Anyway, it took absolutely FOREVER to load because the talented coder who made the page did not know about image size optimization.. the animation was a .gif animation and was HUGE in file size as well as native resolution size. Mark Kallio and I resized and optimized the image for the webmaster and f I n a l l y convinced him that the animation once tweaked, not only loaded waaaay faster, it looked better in its native resolution.

I learned a LOT from Mark K... my knowledge of graphic manipulation on the web is like a toe in the water compared to him!

OK.. end of ramble.. god I'm gettin' old!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                            That mosaic will either make you have a beer or quit drinking. Very clever & yes that would be cool hanging from the back of the grandstands.
                            LOL...I'll stick with the former!
                            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Perks of a winning team.

Crew perks

Name:	HWR_7940.jpg
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	229307

Pilot perks

Name:	20140914_180912 copy.jpg
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	229308

Owner perks

Name:	20140914_180425.jpg
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	229309

Comment

Race 5 came prepared with markers for this young lass.

Name:	132.jpg
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	229310

Comment

Working...
                                X