X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

Originally posted by sledge39 View Post
    Desertdawg wrote ...Out of curiosity what did you shoot your shots with?

. In those days I was using two 35mm film bodies with normal, 135mm, 300mm, 300mm + 2x converter, 500mm mirror

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23415[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23416[/ATTACH]
    You did well, these 2 shots are awesome. Love the paint scheme she looked nice in white. The shot with drop tanks is a stunner.

I could look at that one everyday.

What Wayne said x2.
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-29-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post

Lon,

Where is that, Lincoln, CA?

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

.. More from Reno '64 (part 2) ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	01 SFW--2-S64-27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	228798Click image for larger version

Name:	02 SFW--2-S64-16.jpg
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	228799

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Lon,

Thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking Schellville Ca.

Will

Comment

Crunch time.

Name:	HWR_0075.jpg
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	228800

Comment

Crunch time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23421[/ATTACH]
              I miss Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                I miss Reno.
                I miss it too.. but have you not been in more than the year?? If so, I think we have support groups for those who have missed a year, or.... more? …
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've whined elsewhere re: how much this darn server costs, but... wht to ell! ey!

If I can get/keep the ad clicks paying for about half the server cost, pensioner/social security can eek a hundred bux a month or so to keep er afloat!

Unpublicized fact:

We, (the aafo server… me) have hosted several pretty important websites over the years. For the most part, it's just been gratis. The server costs me the same, no matter how many websites are on it. Most servers in the class that I've leased for this website for many years, are built to handle MANY active websites. The bad option is called "shared hosting".. This is where most of the world's websites live, it's cheap, reliable for a lot of cases, but totally does not work for a place like this that can have momentary visitation rates in the.... many thousands and more. When our lottery winning pylon 4 bus was rolling in after the 2011 disaster, cell phone traffic was hopeless, we were held in place, not knowing what happened, I was able to access the internet via the overloaded cell voice network, hooked into the message board and learned what had happened.

Anyway.. we currently host the Heritage Trophy website, as we have since the very beginning of the program. We host a tribute to Lefty Gardner for his family, Bob Hannah has had some of his websites for years.

I was going to dump the server, dump the unpaid websites and go to shared hosting.. Darn it, I just paid off my car, though not as much as the monthly server costs, does give me a bit of room to breathe!

This topic has opened into an amazing place! I may need to dig in and separate some of the topic branches into separate threads.

I know it's the moderators and my job to deal with complex growing threads like this one but I'd love to see some suggestions from the sidelines!

On the one hand, this separate thread is already popular and well visited, on the other, there are several sub topics buried within the thread title that do not have anything to do with the original posted topic..

Obviously, some really cool side topics have surfaced within this thread.. If you were in charge, would you
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Gaining access to my archives... downloaded from the server! One of them is not mine, but we should not forget the contributions from Dominique Thirot over the years! Do not know where he currently is but he is missed!
                    Attached Files
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Stuff already posted in the past.. already on the server, just relinking..
                      Attached Files
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Crunch time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23421[/ATTACH]
                        2015 My first time to Reno and the first year with that wrap. Looks like we are installing the 360 Camera mount. We mounted it to the ADI tank using suction cups and a bunch of zip ties.

(As an aside, personally I kinda like it when the conversation continues and goes off topic. That's how face to face conversations work, and I think it limits things when we force people talk about one topic. Sure you can always just create a new topic, but the discussion seems to lose momentum for lack of a better word.)
                        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          Gaining access to my archives... downloaded from the server! One of them is not mine, but we should not forget the contributions from Dominique Thirot over the years! Do not know where he currently is but he is missed!
                          I had that pic of Miss Merced as my desktop for years. I agree, I wish he would post again.

Will

Comment

The Sunday shower 2013

Name:	HWR_5556.jpg
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	228808

Comment

Lon,

Thanks for sharing.

First two are at Ione and the last one is at Schellville/Sonoma
                              remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Name:	HWR_3939.jpg
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	228809

Comment

Working...
                                X