Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Tails Kingcobra Racing Team!

Default Red Tails Kingcobra Racing Team!

PSAM has confirmed Bunny and Pretty Polly are both racing this year! Go support 'em!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...am-adventure#/

Go Polly!!!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

Default Re: Red Tails Kingcobra Racing Team!

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    PSAM has confirmed Bunny and Pretty Polly are both racing this year! Go support 'em!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...am-adventure#/

Go Polly!!!
    You just made my day, this is good news.

Looks like they are listening. I am liking where this is going, lets get more of these museums involved to get their warbirds out for some exercise.

P47 would be nice as well.

What RARA needs to do is come up with a prestigious trophy/award program for museum entries.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-03-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    You just made my day, this is good news.

Looks like they are listening. I am liking where this is going, lets get more of these museums involved to get their warbirds out for some exercise.

P47 would be nice as well.

What RARA needs to do is come up with a prestigious trophy/award program for museum entries.

Agreed! RARA needs to make their own National Aviation Heritage Invitational and invite the best restorations there, like Oshkosh. It could be split into those that race (a more prestigious award) and then those who come for show.

P-47 could happen through POF, that's one of Steven's favorite rides, wouldn't that be sweet! As of right now Reno isn't on their schedule, but considering the T-33 and a Mustang or Lightning should be there for the HF, maybe they just left Reno off the schedule... If CAF SoCal likes racing maybe they can bring the N model when it's finished??
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

Agreed! RARA needs to make their own National Aviation Heritage Invitational and invite the best restorations there, like Oshkosh. It could be split into those that race (a more prestigious award) and then those who come for show.

P-47 could happen through POF, that's one of Steven's favorite rides, wouldn't that be sweet! As of right now Reno isn't on their schedule, but considering the T-33 and a Mustang or Lightning should be there for the HF, maybe they just left Reno off the schedule... If CAF SoCal likes racing maybe they can bring the N model when it's finished??
    I heard a rumor that might just be on the plate. At the NAG dinner it was hinted that something like this was on the table. If I remember correctly it was described as something like the NAHI, but it wasn't NAHI. (They seem pretty happy at the show the week before Reno in Sacramento.)

As for the P63 racing, where have you guys been. I've been saying they were planning on bringing the Mustang and King Cobra since the Nag dinner.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I heard a rumor that might just be on the plate. At the NAG dinner it was hinted that something like this was on the table. If I remember correctly it was described as something like the NAHI, but it wasn't NAHI. (They seem pretty happy at the show the week before Reno in Sacramento.)

As for the P63 racing, where have you guys been. I've been saying they were planning on bringing the Mustang and King Cobra since the Nag dinner.

Will
    Hope so....

And PSAM never confirmed it until today, I was just waiting on that
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

Just adding some more fuel to the rumor mill, Speedball Alice should be registered and Lady Jo might be coming back as well
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

Hope so....

And PSAM never confirmed it until today, I was just waiting on that
    My source was about as good as one can get, he said it was 99% done deal a few months ago. That said, he was pretty sure the CAF was going to be racing as well.

Will

They have already exceeded their $10,000 donation amount thanks to someone donating that exact amount, 5 other backers have put up an extra $500 on top of that too and it's been live for a day!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

They have already exceeded their $10,000 donation amount thanks to someone donating that exact amount, 5 other backers have put up an extra $500 on top of that too and it's been live for a day!
    Dang! Good for them.

Sweet! I wonder who the big donor was? Its fantastic that there is someone who is willing to step up and donate that type of $ for a museum plane to go race. I wonder if PSAM will bring 3 planes if the donations get high enough? (What else do they own that could bring? I see they have a Spitfire Mk22, a Bearcat, P40, P47, a Tigercat and a few other interesting birds, but I have no idea if they own them or not.)

Will