Red Tails Kingcobra Racing Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Tails Kingcobra Racing Team!

PSAM has confirmed Bunny and Pretty Polly are both racing this year! Go support 'em!

The Palm Springs Air Museum Red Tails Kingcobra Race Team Strikes At The Reno Air Races 2018! | Check out 'Red Tails Kingcobra Race Team' on Indiegogo.

Go Polly!!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Red Tails Kingcobra Racing Team!

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    PSAM has confirmed Bunny and Pretty Polly are both racing this year! Go support 'em!

The Palm Springs Air Museum Red Tails Kingcobra Race Team Strikes At The Reno Air Races 2018! | Check out 'Red Tails Kingcobra Race Team' on Indiegogo.

Go Polly!!!
    You just made my day, this is good news.

Looks like they are listening. I am liking where this is going, lets get more of these museums involved to get their warbirds out for some exercise.

P47 would be nice as well.

What RARA needs to do is come up with a prestigious trophy/award program for museum entries.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-03-2018, 11:26 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      You just made my day, this is good news.

Looks like they are listening. I am liking where this is going, lets get more of these museums involved to get their warbirds out for some exercise.

P47 would be nice as well.

What RARA needs to do is come up with a prestigious trophy/award program for museum entries.

Agreed! RARA needs to make their own National Aviation Heritage Invitational and invite the best restorations there, like Oshkosh. It could be split into those that race (a more prestigious award) and then those who come for show.

P-47 could happen through POF, that's one of Steven's favorite rides, wouldn't that be sweet! As of right now Reno isn't on their schedule, but considering the T-33 and a Mustang or Lightning should be there for the HF, maybe they just left Reno off the schedule... If CAF SoCal likes racing maybe they can bring the N model when it's finished??
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Agreed! RARA needs to make their own National Aviation Heritage Invitational and invite the best restorations there, like Oshkosh. It could be split into those that race (a more prestigious award) and then those who come for show.

P-47 could happen through POF, that's one of Steven's favorite rides, wouldn't that be sweet! As of right now Reno isn't on their schedule, but considering the T-33 and a Mustang or Lightning should be there for the HF, maybe they just left Reno off the schedule... If CAF SoCal likes racing maybe they can bring the N model when it's finished??
        I heard a rumor that might just be on the plate. At the NAG dinner it was hinted that something like this was on the table. If I remember correctly it was described as something like the NAHI, but it wasn't NAHI. (They seem pretty happy at the show the week before Reno in Sacramento.)

As for the P63 racing, where have you guys been. I've been saying they were planning on bringing the Mustang and King Cobra since the Nag dinner.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          I heard a rumor that might just be on the plate. At the NAG dinner it was hinted that something like this was on the table. If I remember correctly it was described as something like the NAHI, but it wasn't NAHI. (They seem pretty happy at the show the week before Reno in Sacramento.)

As for the P63 racing, where have you guys been. I've been saying they were planning on bringing the Mustang and King Cobra since the Nag dinner.

Will
          Hope so....

And PSAM never confirmed it until today, I was just waiting on that
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Just adding some more fuel to the rumor mill, Speedball Alice should be registered and Lady Jo might be coming back as well
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Hope so....

And PSAM never confirmed it until today, I was just waiting on that
              My source was about as good as one can get, he said it was 99% done deal a few months ago. That said, he was pretty sure the CAF was going to be racing as well.

Will

Comment

They have already exceeded their $10,000 donation amount thanks to someone donating that exact amount, 5 other backers have put up an extra $500 on top of that too and it's been live for a day!
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

They have already exceeded their $10,000 donation amount thanks to someone donating that exact amount, 5 other backers have put up an extra $500 on top of that too and it's been live for a day!
                  Dang! Good for them.
                  "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Sweet! I wonder who the big donor was? Its fantastic that there is someone who is willing to step up and donate that type of $ for a museum plane to go race. I wonder if PSAM will bring 3 planes if the donations get high enough? (What else do they own that could bring? I see they have a Spitfire Mk22, a Bearcat, P40, P47, a Tigercat and a few other interesting birds, but I have no idea if they own them or not.)

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                      Sweet! I wonder who the big donor was? Its fantastic that there is someone who is willing to step up and donate that type of $ for a museum plane to go race. I wonder if PSAM will bring 3 planes if the donations get high enough? (What else do they own that could bring? I see they have a Spitfire Mk22, a Bearcat, P40, P47, a Tigercat and a few other interesting birds, but I have no idea if they own them or not.)

Will
                      The donor is listed (you can find more if you wish) they seem to be pretty active with PSAM so it makes sense, they’ve also had plenty of rides in Bunny. PSAM technically doesn’t own anything besides the 51, 63, 28, and C-47. The rest are still owned by the Pond estate and I think the way it works is whenever they have backing to “purchase” and make another plane airworthy then they do so. The P-47 had an engine run a year or so ago and I thought it was next to be airworthy, haven’t seen anything since then. Their PBY is confirmed to be the next airworthy plane in the fleet. Hopefully one day all of them will fly. Bunny and Pretty Polly will be the extent of their racing this year, I imagine the $10k is a lower bound of what they hope to raise to make racing feasible and I imagine everything over that amount will just help secure their racing this year and hopefully in the future.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                      X