Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members vs Guest

Default Re: Members vs Guest

Itís great to see you ďkidsĒ coming into the sport. You ďgetĒ the whole social media end of it and arenít afraid to jump in. Itís strange to think that Iím an old timer now. I still feel like the same stupid kid that watched the Red Barron go in. There havenít been many years Iíve missed. Just a couple when I was too young to go by myself and dad was working out of state. Itís now over 40 years of being at the races. I was never all that much of an aviation nut, just a race nut. I donít even like to fly. Iíve never knew anyone with a plane and the only knowledge I have is directly from speaking up and asking questions and not being a wall flower. I only wish I would have done that when I was much younger. It took me until I was in my 40s to get the point of actually being recognized by the cool kids. Last year I had one of coolest moments of my air race life when Tiger came up to me and shook my hand, sat on my tailgate had a drink with me. Sure wish I had spoke up sooner in my life.

So you ďkidsĒ keep digging. Keep asking. Keep sticking your nose in there. You are the future.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Great remarks "Fence Sence" I go back to the Cleveland Air Races & never became a pilot. Stop by the pits T6 pace plane in Sept. & say Hi. Lockheed Bob
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    Great remarks "Fence Sence" I go back to the Cleveland Air Races & never became a pilot. Stop by the pits T6 pace plane in Sept. & say Hi. Lockheed Bob
    Thank you sir. Funny, weíve probably seen each other hundreds of times and never formally met. Iíll be sure to track you down this year.

Time to break out the AAFO Badges and have a tailgater this Sept. Who's in?
    "Lighten Up Francis....."

I'm in. Where & when?
    Lockheed Bob

I'd be up for meeting other people on here.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
    Time to break out the AAFO Badges and have a tailgater this Sept. Who's in?
    Well, thereís no way Iím not in. We could do it out at our spot but, it would be ďfunnerĒ in the pits.

Running some numbers on a Yak-stang "what if?" plastic model, got me thinking. Assuming I was given the right parameters, (hp, weight, wing area, etc.) I think I can make a spreadsheet that will *roughly* simulate a lap at Reno. I'm not talking exhaust and wing tip mods, just high level stuff like wingspan, number of engines, etc.

In terms of the work needed to enter, I think I would only need a 3 view drawing or pictures in the case of it being a model.
    This would be something that could pass the time after Reno but before the broadcast of the TV show.

So, assuming I got the spreadsheet to work, would people be interested in Reno racer design contest?
    "Fly low, Build Fast"- Flying Brix