Members vs Guest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Members vs Guest

I'd be up for meeting other people on here.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
      Time to break out the AAFO Badges and have a tailgater this Sept. Who's in?
      Well, there’s no way I’m not in. We could do it out at our spot but, it would be “funner” in the pits.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Running some numbers on a Yak-stang "what if?" plastic model, got me thinking. Assuming I was given the right parameters, (hp, weight, wing area, etc.) I think I can make a spreadsheet that will *roughly* simulate a lap at Reno. I'm not talking exhaust and wing tip mods, just high level stuff like wingspan, number of engines, etc.

In terms of the work needed to enter, I think I would only need a 3 view drawing or pictures in the case of it being a model.
        This would be something that could pass the time after Reno but before the broadcast of the TV show.

So, assuming I got the spreadsheet to work, would people be interested in Reno racer design contest?
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

I've been meaning to comment on this post for a few weeks, but it keeps slipping my mind every time I'm on the page. I figure I'm a relatively new fan to the sport, at least in comparison to most people. I usually don't have very much to say, mostly because I joined the forum so I could interact with those who I've learned so much from and continue to learn from. I only work around 60 or 70 days a year, and I have to admit that I've spent more time on this page rereading the same threads I've read time and time again than I could keep track of. When I first found this page, I spent a whole day going back a few dozen pages into the forum just reading up and learning everything I could.

Comment

Sometimes, probably, most of the time, a lot of the guests are search engine bots combing the site for new posts. I can, sort of, see where all the connections at any given time are from, a while back, we were a bit overwhelmed by the amount of bot visits at any one time from differing "bots" that I had to create a "robots.txt" file, which, bots are supposed to abide by, telling them how many connections at any given time that they can have to the site/server...

So, it's a bit hard to tell, exactly, "who" is here at a given moment.

The site name was chosen for a lot of reasons, one of which was that we were threatened with legal action if we used "flightline" in our title... Legal workaround, ALL AVIATION FLIGHTLINE ONLINE beat the TM that someone had on "flightline"..

It also caused us to try to create "accidental" Air Racing fans by getting someone to looksee what we were about with a "pick" which started out as what to hell happened to the Spruce Goose story we did on opening of the site... It worked! We grabbed new fans for the sport from all over the world as "accidental fans" who came here looking at something else, and found air racing..

Nice plan! When you're 47, fit, healthy, stupid with a bit of disposable income (from working my ass off in warehousing) I tried to cover EVERYTHING aviation, and again, it worked! Our visit base went from 50 a week to over 2000 daily for over two decades! Problem now is, I'm 67, not in all that good of health and I simply can't cover it all...

Working on getting some new "talent" involved as "CONTRIBUTORS" which does not mean "employee" or anything "official"... Go to an air show, take pictures, write a report, AAFO.COM gets you credentials so that you can have the access needed to get said story. AAFO and anyone who comes here from anywhere in the world gets to share your story, you get the holy grail.... access!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Pretty Nerdy response... boiled down, we generate interest, we get posts, the bots index those posts, we generate interest, and so on, and so on...

Magnificent stuff, if you can make it work for you!!!!!!!

Have yet to figure that aspect out!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Been a member a long time, generally stay logged in and comment when i see an interesting post or find something cool.
                I found this fantastic site after Sky Sport here in NZ played the ESPN Reno coverage way back in 96 and and then trolling the net found here and the old Pylon 1 site. Became a Miss America Fan back then too, and was lucky enough to communicate with one of the team members back then and write a couple of articles on Warbirds over Wanaka in 98 for the Aviation Nation site.
                But i love coming in and checking things out daily and seeing so much amazing info and history shared
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I've recently got into "drone" racing. (rc fixed wing not quadcopters)

Just had a race this weekend. I've got video from my drone some other video I took from the stands. Is this something people would be interested in seeing more of? It's all the same stuff as Reno, power, reduce drag, don't cut a pylon, and a much younger demographic.

P.S. For those that are afraid that future electric racing classes won't make enough noise, let me assure you that it sounds like an angry swarm of hornets, not going to appease the radial sound lovers, but it does have its own sound that people should be able to appreciate
                  "young" Thomas

Comment

Umm, great posts but... should we make separate thread??

I'm very intrigued by drone flying in general! Good bud of mine is really into RC flying, he has yet to get me interested, for one reason.. the control system for RC.. It has never made sense to me that someone never made a control system that mimicked flight simulation. Unless I've missed some basic flaw in my thinking.....

This part of this thread has drifted far enough to make it a separate one... do ya think?

Let me know.
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                      Umm, great posts but... should we make separate thread??

I'm very intrigued by drone flying in general! Good bud of mine is really into RC flying, he has yet to get me interested, for one reason.. the control system for RC.. It has never made sense to me that someone never made a control system that mimicked flight simulation. Unless I've missed some basic flaw in my thinking.....

This part of this thread has drifted far enough to make it a separate one... do ya think?

Let me know.
                      a new thread works for me. Just didn't want to generate a new thread no one cared about.
                      "young" Thomas

Comment

Veering back for a minute to the original thread topic. I'm one of those 'Guests' who have enjoyed the discussions and information here for way too many years. No malice intended, I just never got around to registering. Finally did it today and this is post #1 (assuming it gets past the filter See you at Stead!

Comment

Originally posted by RLind View Post
                          Veering back for a minute to the original thread topic. I'm one of those 'Guests' who have enjoyed the discussions and information here for way too many years. No malice intended, I just never got around to registering. Finally did it today and this is post #1 (assuming it gets past the filter See you at Stead!
                          LOL, it did and you are now a fully fledged member who's posts will show immediately... Welcome to the Hangar!!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RLind View Post
                            Welcome to the forum young man.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Well, add me to the list that’s been lurking for years and just registered. I saw my first race in ‘75, and missed ‘85 as my son was born September 17th. I don’t think I missed any after that until 1998, then I was hit and miss till a couple years ago. And no, I’m not a young man, just a “young” member.

Great site. I don’t know I have much to contribute, but I’m here.

Comment

Originally posted by miker98038 View Post
                                Well, add me to the list that’s been lurking for years and just registered. I saw my first race in ‘75, and missed ‘85 as my son was born September 17th. I don’t think I missed any after that until 1998, then I was hit and miss till a couple years ago. And no, I’m not a young man, just a “young” member.

Great site. I don’t know I have much to contribute, but I’m here.
                                Welcome miker, not a canned response, this is Wayne welcoming you!!

You and I are Northwest folks, we have a vastly under reported aviation community up here..

WELCOME TO THE HANGAR!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X