Members vs Guest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members vs Guest

My fishing forum that I belong to "There are currently 51 Users browsing this forum. (51 Members and 0 Guests)"

AAFO HangerTalk "There are currently 95 users online. 1 members and 94 guests"

This really illustrates whats wrong here folks.

94 guests hanging out in the closet peeking through the door. Got to get stuffy in there

Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-26-2018, 06:34 AM. Reason: typo

Re: Members vs Guests

I love this site and check it daily. Don't comment very much.
    Brad
    Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Re: Members vs Guest

I check in almost daily but sign in only every couple of years,I don't have much to say but really enjoy the info here.

Comment

It’s hard to chime in when there are clearly so many knowledgeable people in such an intense subject. We’ve lost many knowledgeable people due to, IMO, sensitive feelings. I doubt there are too many forums that deal so closely to the death of its heros. That fact alone puts a lot of toes in the isle to get stepped on. It’s a delicate subject and it’s easy to sound stupid and piss somebody off. I think that keeps the lurker numbers high and member numbers low.

If it makes any of you lurkers feel any better, I’m just as full of chit as the next guy. I’ve just been around so long, everyone around here already knows that. I don’t have to worry about sounding stupid anymore. I already crossed that bridge. Joining and posting keeps the numbers up and keeps this place around. We need more posts and members. Our smart people need to big picture things and welcome in those that might not be quite as knowledgeable.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Count me as another who seldom posts, but checks-in daily (sometimes several times a day if there is a hot topic or an "awkward circus" thread going). But to me, this site is kind of like when I was younger and had to depend on issues of Air Progress or Air Classics to get my air racing fix until I was finally able to attend the Texas event in 1990. Like the magazines, it is my between events connection to the motorsport that I love and I am grateful for that.

Since I have lived out west, I have been able to attend both Phoenix events and every Reno Sunday from '94 to '16; but we all know how being fed but once a year leaves us still hungry. Thanks to all who contribute, on good days and bad; speaking for myself, AAFO is a beacon that I am happy to see every day.

Russ

Comment

Thanks guys for your feedback. I am here constantly as well. The information/knowledge that has been discussed/shared here is what keeps us all coming back.

Just like Fence Sense said, some interesting personalities have gone into hiding.

Comment

My first year was '78' and made good friends along the way that were very knowledgeable, some dated back to the first races at the Sky Ranch. AAFO being such a great source of news and information it surprised me that none of these people are in here as members.

Comment

One more member that rarely logs in, but checks in daily. Just don't have much to contribute but the odd question or observation.

GP

Comment

Assuming it's technical things, what do you guys want to talk about?

For those who don't know, I am decent warbird history buff, which led into becoming a mechanical and aerospace enginerd. I was still in college when I learned about the races in 2011. I followed the races the next several years and happened to meet and join Andrew Findlay and Race 30 in 2015 which was my first time at Reno (so I guess that makes me new still). I've been losing sleep over that airplane ever since and have loved every minute.

I don't know everything (or close to everything), but generally I know enough to hold a conversation, and if I don't know enough to hold a conversation, then I can google it until I do.
                  "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                    Assuming it's technical things, what do you guys want to talk about?

For those who don't know, I am decent warbird history buff, which led into becoming a mechanical and aerospace enginerd. I was still in college when I learned about the races in 2011. I followed the races the next several years and happened to meet and join Andrew Findlay and Race 30 in 2015 which was my first time at Reno (so I guess that makes me new still). I've been losing sleep over that airplane ever since and have loved every minute.

I don't know everything (or close to everything), but generally I know enough to hold a conversation, and if I don't know enough to hold a conversation, then I can google it until I do.
                    Similar situation here, I just graduated college and know much more about warbirds than I probably should...? Other than that as you can see from my footer I’ve been to a few more races in my life. We could have a conversation about warbirds all day but that’s more for WIX’s forum. I think what is lacking is the people in the know. Guys like you should be keeping us informed everyday about what you are doing with Race 30, pictures included. If some of it is secret that’s even better, nothing like teaser photos.

I know the first thing I would do (and hope to do) when I get a race plane is constantly update the fans on what’s being done. This is the reason it was so overwhelming to see 3 (pretty crappy) pictures of Furias getting the 4360 taken out. It lets us know that things are being done and gets us talking. Most of the guys here nowadays post news that they’ve found out online (which i do), and there are very few that are involved with race teams and can relay information over. The Tsunami kid Sandberg was a great addition to this forum with the info he added a few weeks back. Really wish I had a close progressive race team I could help with and inform you all what is happening. One day it’ll be me....

One of the most bad a$$ threads I look back on every once in awhile was the incredibly long account of what it took to get Ridge Runner III competitive for the year. There’s gotta be hundreds of threads like that out there that I was too young to understand and comprehend. That’s the real reason I try to stir up excitement, I wasn’t around for the glory days and by that I barely even remember seeing Dago race... oldest race I vividly remember had to be Bear’s stuck throttle. After that I can remember pretty well what happened each year, who maydayed, who placed where, etc... hope it’ll be like that again one day because the drama is one of the most exiting parts about it, ESPECIALLY when every plane makes it back on the ground Sunday evening intact.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

It’s great to see you “kids” coming into the sport. You “get” the whole social media end of it and aren’t afraid to jump in. It’s strange to think that I’m an old timer now. I still feel like the same stupid kid that watched the Red Barron go in. There haven’t been many years I’ve missed. Just a couple when I was too young to go by myself and dad was working out of state. It’s now over 40 years of being at the races. I was never all that much of an aviation nut, just a race nut. I don’t even like to fly. I’ve never knew anyone with a plane and the only knowledge I have is directly from speaking up and asking questions and not being a wall flower. I only wish I would have done that when I was much younger. It took me until I was in my 40s to get the point of actually being recognized by the cool kids. Last year I had one of coolest moments of my air race life when Tiger came up to me and shook my hand, sat on my tailgate had a drink with me. Sure wish I had spoke up sooner in my life.

So you “kids” keep digging. Keep asking. Keep sticking your nose in there. You are the future.

Comment

Great remarks "Fence Sence" I go back to the Cleveland Air Races & never became a pilot. Stop by the pits T6 pace plane in Sept. & say Hi. Lockheed Bob
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                          Great remarks "Fence Sence" I go back to the Cleveland Air Races & never became a pilot. Stop by the pits T6 pace plane in Sept. & say Hi. Lockheed Bob
                          Thank you sir. Funny, we’ve probably seen each other hundreds of times and never formally met. I’ll be sure to track you down this year.

Comment

Time to break out the AAFO Badges and have a tailgater this Sept. Who's in?
                            "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

I'm in. Where & when?
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X