Planes of Fame Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes of Fame Airshow

I made the trek to Chino this year. First time to the show. Lots of cool and unique stuff there.

The heat during Saturday's show was just short of unbearable. My brand new shorts changed color (I thought they were just dirty, but after washing they didn't change back to black) With that said, the heat distortion was really hard to work with. Still, I managed to get some cool shots.

For the full album, have a look here.
    Saturday was blazing hot, Sunday was better. It was a weekend of amazing planes. Well worth the effort to go see the show if you have never gone before.

Will

Re: Planes of Fame Airshow

Will,

Thank you young man, that show is on my short list. One of my colleagues at Porsche Cars makes it every year.

Some of your shots really are outstanding and draw a person in.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Comment

Re: Planes of Fame Airshow

Thanks. Yes is a very good show, almost non stop. Just hope that its a bit cooler. Saturday was seriously bad. A bunch of us met for dinner and we were all so dehydrated that the waitress gave up trying to just refill sodas by the glass and just brought a bunch of pitchers.

I've done some hot Reno's, but this took it to a new level. I had to throw away so many good shots it wasn't funny. You can sort of see the heat mirage in this shot of Jason Somes arriving late Saturday afternoon with the Bearcat.

I thought this was sort of a cool shot with the 195 taking off on the other runway as Jason rolled out upon touch down.

Hopefully I can get press credentials for next year. The free cold water will be worth it alone. haha.

Will

Comment

Working...
      X