Balz Aviation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balz Aviation

Does anyone know if Gunther Balz former unlimited pilot is the owner of Balz Aviation at Stead?

Re: Balz Aviation

Originally posted by Reno Box 77 View Post
    Does anyone know if Gunther Balz former unlimited pilot is the owner of Balz Aviation at Stead?
    He is not the owner.

Comment

I think Lester Salz is the owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Reno Box 77 View Post
        Gunther, last time I chatted with him, was still happily living a more quiet retirement in Florida. He at one time was flying a Thunder Mustang, but I'm pretty sure he has long since sold it.

Comment

BALZ OUT AVIATION, INC., Reno-Stead

Business company BALZ OUT AVIATION, INC. is a legal entity registered under the law of State Nevada. Company is located in the register with the Company number C11941-1990 and with the national number of State Nevada NV19901049036. This legal entity was firstly registered on 31st December 1990 under the legal form of Domestic Corporation. Its registered agent is LES SALZ with the seat at 5475 RUNWAY, STEAD AIRPORT, RENO, 89506, NV licensed as Noncommercial Registered Agent. Current company’s status is Active.

Comment

... Reno '72 ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	post-new1-C50-32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	228692

Comment

Les purchased a T28 back in the late 80s and has had that hanger ever since.

Comment

I'm not sure but I think the hanger was a focal point when they raced the T28's. Was that where they had a regular door upstairs that had no stairs with a sign saying "Complaint Dept"? Photo anyone?
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Yes not related at all. The name is cool though and I like how it ties in to the history.

Comment

Got to meet Les Salz today. As it happens, we go to the same barbershop. I overheard him talking about airplane stuff and couldn’t help jumping into the conversation. We talked all the way through his haircut and for 10 or so minutes after. It’s funny how airplane nerds can meet for the first time and carry on like two old friends.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Gunther Balz used to fly a brown Bearcat out of the Kalamazoo, MI airport...used to fly over our house out in the country to do aerobatics in it...loved watching it!

Comment

Working...
                      X